MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Are there easy to learn tutorials for mybb coding?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm a novice at mybb and have relied on great support on this forum for my message board. I've grasped the simpler things but there are a lot of thingĀ I just can't figure out how to do. For instance, take the .smalltext and .largetext code in css. These are tied to text elemntsĀ all across the message board and changing that code will in some cases undesirably change the text across the message board. How for instance would I change the color of the usernames in posts, which is tied to largetext and a:link, without also changing the other largetext and a:link elements on the board to the same color? I've messed around with the debug console trying and trying to figure out how to do this and I just can't grasp it. I can post the question here and somebody has the code I need to apply in minutes. Is there a tutorial available somewhere that can teach me things like this? I'm really interested in learning this for myself. Thanks
in general, an administrator should have basic knowledge of html & css
internet has lot of tutorials for learning such basics (search & learn Smile)

see general guidance links
Thanks for the link .m. I'll definitely check those out