MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Minecraft Title overlay over the logo?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This could be useful for Minecraft or other gaming communities: you know this:

[Image: maxresdefault.jpg]

Note the yellow text.
It would be useful if we could make customised titles that overlay over the logo, I know a forum software (ABXD) and one of their developers made a plugin which does that.

Maybe annoying I don't know, but I used to use it to include little community jokes and information, advertising, etc. over the logo, sometimes even a sentence describing a recent update to the site, when it was using that software on my site.

Not sure I made sense describing it but all it really would need is some PHP code to work with setting custom titles and CSS implementation over the logo (zoom slightly in and out, turn several degrees around, and some other setting) and then you're done.

Another idea from the same software would be to have CSS styling to customise a specific user's post bit and box, quote boxes, etc. just for them, it's a signature system found on AcmlmBoards (any of you in the ROM hacking community might have heard of AcmlmBoard). Pretty sure that's been dealt with before, but some of our users who used to be on the old site used to have good layouts and it made those users stand out amongst others which was nice.

Thanks Wink
To be honest this seems like something much easier done by just using Photoshop or any free image editor. There would be a lot of code to make that happen when in reality the easiest way to make it look good is to just make a new image. Using CSS to try and make some sort of floaty text over the logo would be a pain to make work in every browser I'd imagine.

As for the custom post bit and stuff for each user that would be pretty cool Big Grin though that seems like a pretty big plugin for someone to do for free.
"As for the custom post bit and stuff for each user that would be pretty cool - though that seems like a pretty big plugin for someone to do for free. "
Yeah, I have to agree.
If I could grasp code and syntax, also not have such a poor memory/understanding of what I do, then I would actually code that for my site, lol.