MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Users in Ajax Chat appear to be on Home Page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello! I have a problem with the integrated ajax chat for mybb forum (I'm using MyBB v1.8.7 and Ajax Chat for MyBB  v0.8.8). If a user goes from the forum's home page to the chat by a redirection forum, that user will still result to be on the home page on the online user list (online.php), even though said user is only using the chat and has no other forum tabs open. It looks like online.php can't keep track of users who are interacting with the integrated chat, since it only shows the last interaction with any of the pages of the forum before the user went to the chat.

Is there a way to fix this problem? I need the online user list to show if that user is in that chat with a link to reach him, as it would happen with any other forum page.

Thanks in advance!
Your question is unclear. On one hand you are complaining that it shows the user on online.php after connecting to the AJAX chat, and on the other, you complain that it's not keeping track of them either.

Are you saying that a user can be connected in the chat typing away but 15 mins later he will not appear on the online list even though he is clearly still typing? That sounds like a bug within the plugin.
(2016-05-01, 01:39 PM)fysfdh3 Wrote: [ -> ]Your question is unclear.  On one hand you are complaining that it shows the user on online.php after connecting to the AJAX chat, and on the other, you complain that it's not keeping track of them either.

Are you saying that a user can be connected in the chat typing away but 15 mins later he will not appear on the online list even though he is clearly still typing?  That sounds like a bug within the plugin.

No, users always appear online as far as they are visiting the site. The problem is that online.php will show their exact location with every forum's page (es. index, in a thread, ect.) BUT with ajax chat. When a user is on ajax chat he results to be on the home page (index.php), so if someone tries to reach him from the link he just ends up being redirected to the index while the other user is in the chat instead.
Even though the chat is on "mysite.altervista.org/chat/" and that user is there, if someone else searches in the online list that user, he will result on "mysite.altervista.org/index.php/" (and since the chat has a constant refresh he appears to be always active).

I'm sorry if I'm not being clear...

P.S. I mean THIS online user list, not the one in the chat.
[Image: qdB0Qzz.png]

EDIT: I'm talking about the standalone version of the chat anyway, the one integrated with MyBB, not the plugin. This, the one for MyBB.
Anyone?
Fixed by me, I gave the user a plugin to show the who's online location for plugins without an appropriate hook.
(2016-05-15, 11:33 AM)Leefish Wrote: [ -> ]Fixed by me, I gave the user a plugin to show the who's online location for plugins without an appropriate hook.

Yes he did  Angel Gotta love this guy!