MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Time to usher in MyBB 1.2.7 the right way
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
NCAAbbs will be switching to MyBB in < 48 hours. Time to increase the size of the largest MyBB board by 10x.

The NCAAbbs Skunkworks team has already hammered out a medal plugin for MyBB Cool

MASSIVE PROPS to tikitiki for working closely with us to fix the slow performance of MyBB on our massive forums, leading (in part) to MyBB 1.2.7.
Oo can you provide a link to your forums?
Quote:MASSIVE PROPS to tikitiki for working closely with us to fix the slow performance of MyBB on our massive forums, leading (in part) to MyBB 1.2.7.
That was my fix! Toungue

But he did backport it to 1.2.7 specifically for you guys so yeah, props to him and looking forward to finally seeing NCAAbbs on MyBB.

Quote:Oo can you provide a link to your forums?
http://www.ncaabbs.com

It's a series of ~10 phpBB based boards which will be merged in to 1 MyBB installation.
You'd think that with all the members, they could work on a site that didn't come straight out of the '90s.
I'd say that page is mainly used as a portal with links to all of the individual forums - so most people wouldn't need to visit it.
PHP_Paul Wrote:You'd think that with all the members, they could work on a site that didn't come straight out of the '90s.

It does look a bit aged Toungue

but thats cool that there are all those members.
i cant wait til i can get my hands on that merge system also.
PHP_Paul Wrote:You'd think that with all the members, they could work on a site that didn't come straight out of the '90s.

Due to time constraints, that page has been purely an afterthought. We will do something proper with it once we're settled in on MyBB, though.
Good to hear I guess.

And I am interested in how such a big MyBB installation will handle.
I wondered what happened to that conversion. Glad to see that all the effort finally moved mybb into a better place for larger forums. IMHO this will greatly improve the impression of mybb for larger sites. Now I am not afraid to place my largest forums to mybb. I think 1.4 it will happen. I need the merge system completed and working with VB as well. I don't want to lose my attachments (2gb worth).
Thats a big forum Toungue
Pages: 1 2