MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Security Log
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Security Log 1.3

Description:
Logs all failed attempts to log into an account.

Features:
  • Supports Admin CP Pin logging (requires 1.8.11 or newer).
  • Full language support.

Additional Information:
N/A

Download & Screenshots:
https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=740
https://github.com/Starpaul20/Security-Log
Very useful plugin Starpaul, great job.

I wouldn't mind seeing a Search Log plugin, which would be pretty good for SEO.
thanks for the release. a few suggestions and a question on the functionality:

1- what causes something to get logged under this "Admin CP Attempt"?

for example, on my test forum with this plugin installed, I went directly to the admin cp and tried signing in with a legitimate account with an incorrect password & pin; it did not log this failed attempt at all.

2- the ability to send a PM and/or email to an admin/mod after a user failed to log in X amount of times would be very nice.

3- having the ability to automatically prune old security logs would be nice so it doesn't bloat the DB too much
Wow great..

can you add how many failed ACP attempt too?
(2016-05-01, 10:39 PM)andrewjs18 Wrote: [ -> ]thanks for the release.  a few suggestions and a question on the functionality:

1- what causes something to get logged under this "Admin CP Attempt"?  

for example, on my test forum with this plugin installed, I went directly to the admin cp and tried signing in with a legitimate account with an incorrect password & pin; it did not log this failed attempt at all.

Right now, it's just wrong password. There are no hooks around the pin checking (and the pin check happens before password check).

(2016-05-01, 10:39 PM)andrewjs18 Wrote: [ -> ]2- the ability to send a PM and/or email to an admin/mod after a user failed to log in X amount of times would be very nice.

3- having the ability to automatically prune old security logs would be nice so it doesn't bloat the DB too much

I am considering adding these in the next version.
That supper cool i love it
Plugin has been updated to 1.1.

- Sanitized username
- Log Admin CP wrong pin
- Removed PHP closing tags
- Handle display of deleted users in log
- Added support for merging and deleting users

To update, you only need to overwrite old files with the new ones, no need to deactivate.
Nice update Smile
Plugin has been updated to 1.2.

- Changed log hook to datahandler_login_validate_end
- Added UID check for log insertion
- Added Admin Log support

To update, you only need to overwrite old files with the new ones, no need to deactivate.
the log pruning does not work .. the logs remain there even i prune thw hole logs ..
Pages: 1 2