MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: import a thread into the database
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
a mod on my forum accidentally deleted an entire thread rather than his own post in the thread.  I have backups of the database where the thread still exists.  how can I import just 1 specific thread and its posts into the database?

any help is much appreciated!

ok, I'm able to export & import the specific thread via phpmyadmin, but once that's done, mybb throws the following error when I try to view the thread: "The specified thread does not exist. "

that's after running all of the recount & rebuild tools. am I doing something wrong?

edited to add: I think in addition to exporting the data from the threads table, I also need to export the corresponding posts from the posts table as well. I'll test this in a bit and report back.
^ yes, threads table basically consists of information about first post of the thread
and posts table actually consists of all the posts contents
(2016-05-04, 01:59 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ yes, threads table basically consists of information about first post of the thread
and posts table actually consists of all the posts contents

thanks, that was the key.