MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Question: Development, Upgrades & Modules
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am just about to launch my website: http://www.TorrentMad.com and Im looking around for forum software to intergrate with the website.

I wanted to use vBulletin but they do not accept this genre of website so I am looking for another solution.

I was going to go with phpBB mostly because of its background and I know the software can handle large forums which I know mine will become, but a friend of mine pointed me in this direction.

Looking around I like the way things are going here,

However I have a few questions before I go ahead and Intergrate this software as a few months down the line I dont want to bump into limitations so to speak.

1. Development

I see that the software currently stands in a good development status and seems stable but how many people work on the development team? If this is only small then there could be god forbid a hault in development.

2. Upgrades

When upgrading the software is this like vbulletin 3.0.x used to be where you would lose all of your mods etc..

Or is the software similar to vbulletin 3.6.x where mods are installed via plugins?

3. Modules & Payment Gateways

As the software stands I see no payment modules / gateways Installed for donation / subscription purposes I have also seen this is a much requested feature.

Will this be intergrated shortly? as currently not having this feature is the major issue why I would not use this software.

I would be looking for support for PayPal & WorldPay atleast.

4. Paid Development

Do you or others offer paid development for this software? As I have a few Ideas in mind that would boost the usage of myBB especially for webmaster related forums.
1. Me, Chris, Dennis, and MusicalMidget are all developers. With Justin S. helping with a good portion of the designs.

2. Plugins are a feature in MyBB

3. We only have so much time. We're also busy doing other things, so we don't have time to implement each and every feature, no matter how much it is requested.

4. No. Unless you do it separately like as client work.