MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Default value for "move topic"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

one of my user want to change the default value for "move topic".

He - as a mod - select a topic and choose mod-tools -> move/copy topic

The next window shows 3 options:
  • move the topic
  • move and redirect
  • copy
The preselect option is move and redirect. I want to change the default value to the first option -> just move the topic.

I cant find the settings in the backend .... I also tried to check the file moderation.php but due the fact Im not that good in php is was not able to find the setting there.

Has anyone a solution for me?

BR,
Erio
Moderation Templates -> moderation_move

Find:

<label><input type="radio" class="radio" name="method" value="move" />{$lang->method_move}</label><br />
<label><input type="radio" class="radio" name="method" value="redirect" checked="checked"/>{$lang->method_move_redirect}</label> <input type="text" class="textbox" name="redirect_expire" size="3" /> {$lang->redirect_expire_note}<br />
<label><input type="radio" class="radio" name="method" value="copy" />{$lang->method_copy}</label><br />

Change With:

<label><input type="radio" class="radio" name="method" value="move" checked="checked" />{$lang->method_move}</label><br />
<label><input type="radio" class="radio" name="method" value="redirect" />{$lang->method_move_redirect}</label> <input type="text" class="textbox" name="redirect_expire" size="3" /> {$lang->redirect_expire_note}<br />
<label><input type="radio" class="radio" name="method" value="copy" />{$lang->method_copy}</label><br />

So basically you need to add "checked="checked" after "value="move" and remove "checked="checked" from the "value="redirect"
Edit: delayed response

admin panel >> Templates & Style >> Templates >> your theme templates >> Moderation Templates
>> moderation_move

find code similar to below
<label><input type="radio" class="radio" name="method" value="move" />{$lang->method_move}</label><br />
<label><input type="radio" class="radio" name="method" value="redirect" checked="checked" />{$lang->method_move_redirect}</label>

move checked="checked" from second line to the first one and save the template.
Thank you for the very fast and also helpful reply. That solves my issues Smile

BR,
Erio