MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Starting a forum?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Would anyone like to start a forum?

I have some good ideas. I can edit code thats all.

Also i need some one who would pay hosting and for a domain as im strap for cash.
Depending on your level of skill, I could use an extra pair of hands for a forum. PM me for more info.
pm me if you are still looking to help
Sooooo.... you're not able to afford to run a forum, yet you want to own a forum?
I can give you a free domain for 10 years. You need to find a host, but before i do that tell me what the forum relates to and how you plan to keep it active.

Host is important part, as it would handle site load etc ... i may provide you free SSL too
(2016-05-08, 08:17 AM)Donald_Duck Wrote: [ -> ]I can give you a free domain for 10 years. You need to find a host, but before i do that tell me what the forum relates to and how you plan to keep it active.

Host is important part, as it would handle site load etc ... i may provide you free SSL too

First of all I will want the best of the best admins and I would keep this active by being inquire etc therefor I would probz edit a theme or get a custom on made. My forum would be general and possible gaming but more general. How I would get this active I have my ways and and I won't be discuss them here
(2016-05-08, 08:17 AM)Donald_Duck Wrote: [ -> ]i may provide you free SSL too

Just use Let's Encrypt. It'll do the job and is free anyway.
(2016-05-08, 10:19 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes, i had plan to use same but i have a guy who runs hosting company and got spare SSL , anyhow thanks bud.. still in your IG list  Blush

(2016-05-08, 09:47 AM)Azzid Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-08, 08:17 AM)Donald_Duck Wrote: [ -> ]I can give you a free domain for 10 years. You need to find a host, but before i do that tell me what the forum relates to and how you plan to keep it active.

First of all I will want the best of the best admins and I would keep this active by being inquire etc therefor I would probz edit a theme or get a custom on made. My forum would be general and possible gaming but more general. How I would get this active I have my ways and and I won't be discuss them here

I replied to your PM, well you say gaming forum, but there already exist so many of em! why not some medicine, education, graphics and photography, health, something useful in daily life!!

I run a medical forum since 13+ years (Custom CMS by xyz company). It's quite successful, if you need link ask in PM. 81 Lakh registered members so far. Before this we started a gaming community for video game namely "Mario" but it didn't go well and died after 2  years  Undecided

Today i see there exit's so many gaming communities and the success rate is 30% with extreme hard work,time...

Bring some more creative idea and i promise i wont fall from my word
(2016-05-08, 04:25 PM)Donald_Duck Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-08, 10:19 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]

Yes, i had plan to use same but i have a guy who runs hosting company and got spare SSL , anyhow thanks bud.. still in your IG list  Blush

(2016-05-08, 09:47 AM)Azzid Wrote: [ -> ]

I replied to your PM, well you say gaming forum, but there already exist so many of em! why not some medicine, education, graphics and photography, health, something useful in daily life!!

I run a medical forum since 13+ years (Custom CMS by xyz company). It's quite successful, if you need link ask in PM. 81 Lakh registered members so far. Before this we started a gaming community for video game namely "Mario" but it didn't go well and died after  years  Undecided

Today i see there exit so many gaming communities and the success rate is 30% with extreme hard work,time...

Bring some more creative idea and i promise i wont fall from my word

Honestly i have some good things with this i have a friend that ran a successful forum and decided to merge with another but he gave in for IRL issues and now me and him want to start. It will consist of General, Entertainment and stuff like that.
(2016-05-08, 04:40 PM)Azzid Wrote: [ -> ]It will consist of General, Entertainment and stuff like that.

Word of warning - you need to have a set out plan to start a general forum - what do you plan to have to set you apart from the competition; that sort of thing.
Pages: 1 2 3