MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Good host for MyBB board?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Need something good to host my site on. I'm receiving too many connections and it's reaching an overload.
RamNode
OVH
DigitalOcean

Three well known hosts, reliable, good allocation of resources so for a small - medium website/forum you should have no problems.
Thank you. I will try OVH's 8GB plan.
Too many connections is an SQL misconfiguration. Changing the plan or host won't change that, you have to change the config file.
Are you sure Ben? This is the error I was receiving. I searched on MyBB forums, many said this was an issue with the host and not with MyBB.

I'm currently hosting on GoDady. At the time of the error I had 280 users/guests online. I checked the max_connections in PHPMyAdmin, it said up to 1,000.

"MyBB SQL Error
MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1226 - User 'X' has exceeded the 'max_user_connections' resource (current value: 30)
Query:
[READ] Unable to connect to MySQL server
Please contact the MyBB Group for technical support."
(2016-05-08, 08:08 AM)Sharree Wrote: [ -> ]Are you sure Ben?

I sure as hell hope so since I'm a qualified systems admin. To some extent they are right; it's a host issue. MySQL connections are persistent unless closed; I'm not sure if MyBB closes the connections, but if not, that could be why - because while you only have 280 guests online, how many pages have they loaded in the last couple of minutes.

You're triggering the user connections field, which isn't max_connections, it's max_user_connections. If you're on shared hosting, contact GoDaddy.
From what I recall many shared or free hosts only allow between 20 and 50 connections to the SQL max.

With your own VPS you'll be able to configure that number yourself.
You can open support ticket with your host and ask them to increase the limit, which i doubt they will!

Most of the host's got hidden clause's, which doesn't clearly mention the pro's and con's. which is why i hate such companies. A newbie wont know all the in-depth concept of shared and dedicated hosting which on contrary is libel.

If you have purchased 5 days back then you can ask for full refund or switch your plan to dedi with some extra pennies, i know how frustrating it can be :< sorry for ya
I wrote a small article long back but it is for shared hosting
http://wallbb.co.uk/best-mybb-forum-host...dreamhost/
It might help you.
why dont try interserver ? the best hosting site.
support 24/7
interserver.net

i used this host to host my forum Smile https://gudanginternet.id
Pages: 1 2