MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: SQL error when approving posts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi hoping someone can help me.

I ran the update from MYBB 1.8.6 to 1.8.7 ever since we keep getting the following error only when approving posts.

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1054 - Unknown column 's.subscriptionkey' in 'field list'
Query:
SELECT s.subscriptionkey, s.notification, u.uid, u.username, u.email, u.loginkey, u.salt, u.regdate FROM mybb_threadsubscriptions s LEFT JOIN mybb_users u ON (u.uid=s.uid) WHERE s.tid =xxxx

My forum URL https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/index.php

Many thanks in advanced.
you can add that missing field by using SQL query like below
ALTER TABLE `mybb_threadsubscriptions` ADD `subscriptionkey` VARCHAR(32) NOT NULL DEFAULT '';

see also common sql queries guidance
Column subscriptionkey has been removed in MyBB 1.8.7. Please make sure you uploaded all new files replacing the old ones.
Ah ok thank-you both do I also upload the settings php file?
settings.php file is not required.
you can run file verification tool at tools & maintenance section & replace reported files from MyBB 1.8.7 package
Are you by any chance using this plugin?

Quote:New member screening (2.0)
Screen new users by requiring approval of their first post(s), and send appropriate messages to moderators, these new members and subscribers
Created by Ad Bakker

I had the exact same problem. Updating the forum files didn't help. Everything was up to date, but then I suddenly realized I wasn't using the forums native Approval routines, but this plugin. Disabling the plugin fixed my issues.