MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: (Solved) Awkward: Forum turned "cryptic"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello MyBB Smile

This morning I have visited my forums, they were upgraded to the latest version (1.8.7) about two months ago and I haven't touched it since then.
I have logged-in to ACP and adjusted some settings all round, added new categories/forums, deleted (useless) custom profile fields, disabled referrals system, disabled calendar, enabled some optimizations (compression, CDN), enabled "Stop Forum Spam" features...
And finally, once I have configured it a little and saved all the new settings, I clicked "Visit Forum" and then... That...
You can see it yourself, visit a link above.

Index page output:
Quote:���n�F����)�� j���vlK 'mر;��B�#�1�a9C+� �_��_���^t��:]чX�p�e�}�L�߼�<���� ��(dW^��=cN�u?v�\���k���n.�Y��d7)�U���u߼s�3�:9v��tژv2�7��ψ������+� _�N��%����8������a��Ǫ�}����%������2�"�u�[�� ����"�9<�"��ӳD�@���Ǒ#7U�{������<���$��=}}�ڍ�3��Ȩj��2c.>#���u�,�-�F2I�����kmd�&�"����DI�V$4g��.~˂��s&c-b]�����[�р�E��0o�S%t�������� Y�����>�يdi�J��K�df*��o�Hg�O���H{����u���'���8�U# ��Nr,b����t�t��U�xJ9�攞�BM��ۘ�ǽ�p�DDB���;�h�: ma�_����Q�G���7�zm�G#�oc9�"Me�z�9��cfl��������I�* O���/c+RY�Y�� B> �KT10g�2-�d�Fd+p ��������RQŗ)�����g>�Ɂ�)�3��c~�!,c�e�;�����biv'��R��L�@�8x  ��HX3�(��!:;��T��K�p�K��Z\����\�0K b�~v�7��� � �� �*'�Ȍy<�Y�k�'�"�M��*4��Yf'��'��9<7F�ք���/�(�So�3�:13k;w<�(,o��&�qRc�K"�r��� ��08v�?��F���?�h? �?��3X���Ô��ڪEO���e�)��\k [�2�JX� ����Q i��$R�dP� �F@�k���a A�Z�G~�ص0 |@���1���5��e�H9|z�C_ ��8,���fdfN����H�Q���k���p��y�sp�lw� �TJ�X�l���� �c��|�&�2F�3������їXV?������ի7~�)��Y�K�R׀(ldžka����C��Dcʜ��~���.���� ,d-}�ľ@�����溬^��QI���B,��A��Ty2,|���P�NL�~.�ԃ:�Bz;�r��p G���X$(�����ښw(�r�w,�{VX@�c������7"\��"��T ���@��B���K3dƼ�+�ŧ)��d�pv'�S!�/Զ�X��H��C�4�UE]����z��,���@��k����5K+��jP�P�nq�!�E�H���ڃq� =�� 9}��HDC����s��a�A��^� ����ʣ���כ��$J/���oIǠw��� �eL�|ʍ0���-M�Xa6g��ͳX �e8ܸ��fS3�ȅD�����!s�ُ;]�B��AX���G�-�I!|��T����0���rX� ���b��6�'�����a����}i��-�q��v��V�������+� 1��bg�er�@iO��� �L��3(L0���Ġ6JB�})�tXE�oz�A,J�P��?�6����΂��6��r��;%'����/� �S�� K:�((��cv�f�ǚ/�����ŗr��/�Ąy{�ym��|���|ď���Ak����s�y{�9(,Ā8�s9f���s��xZ�S��PN���s��KZ��[��R/��Qf���_vv53����F �I���B)ĕ\�#�qD���@�(7\�Z�}���J���%U#�I�|�r�tw���x����������ݣ�l��4�N���Y��8;d�j!=,򸉋2��|���Z���@IT�E��݇}���'��U��F�w�ۦ��ʼ� ��ca�(��1Up�=��k>��X��� wV�l'R�:1M��iF0���7��mJ,M������c�[P||||Eb.�m;z��qḚix��*L*�E �n&�#�� iۓY� �)l�p��j�3MMfwhc�%4�Svzv��v������v�x��_��dPp"�:ᡐlM�#��My�Eo �zݪǟtN[����+?G��n#�q*���t� Mj���ȓ��N�GZ.��D�F�rl�o�g{D��i'Sɓ$ H�?Pќ'�9+4� jlH�!�."�9M�t" � �1o���F����%��]���S��3p�KD#�|���F��� �D �_ ��zЂ�������f?�k���f��q'A�@�����"� j��Ȕ�l��!H��u���!��DN��(%�Ą�O#4��1�����b�vA���"�6�B�W)[��Jf�-XN�N_Oz΋}�Y0������j�:�8f�D���{��?��&��p�n6Y���9V�Hk )R��RS9m-���h-P%�(�uf[9ag��\v�����>�I�7&VL� ��1C[9 :�cޞ�܂�l���3)/�d�4�i0���&����:�3C�ȝHWD�1 x�� 6H����W��,��8�Q���gv-Gz��k�~(4�?"�w�����ßQ|m�XQ���֯�������> ��h��h��<�K�?�<6��꣈3��l&����7g\ʆXk(��[��k-˒ڤ�՚~\_�Z����WO��o;�� (y���G����l�ҁW�K��n���09/K�ǽI��D�*v�A, Vد��H�bZJg2J��;o��uEBYbÄ�u|�����V?o�'��Z� *�L Ş��i���&���Q�%��M7Q�)�d�R��ڦs���^�I7�[�������S!��R�]�w��}9��9�1�{��6SI���R��R+t�&tq_0�4� A M���PgMf�Z��{��tI)���@w d��o0�ٶf{y �a��b//�zw�X���ڇ�Q��ɴ}d�1�us��/�U��^x�g�ܚ�07����������q{��^Ԭ�W�ϝ��GR��^Mh�N�:�P�1��b����z������VY��cFU��U�޽�@�xU�4 %z��Cs���ȩ<21�7��SI��1V'W݁S�0���Bp]������T-� �/s�����j'^[��M髀��v�sa�� ڊ�h��v��ڂ|e�9�����-�b�C�qI���� 9¹��� C ���,�����St��)�GS��渿::wĐ�[)���r�d�ۢ�;E�R��U����[���ޜ�i �r��֤����^�9�z�==5�� ��/D��*�΁��kv]̑(G���-'��uo��,&S0����̌R�9.+��~�yTo7[tV��@�)��V��ʌ�c���\�k� Sy3�7�$�zAoX�u,� !��;fP�C��9��@��q��fS��0�f�M,*�x���#�?�� Ft�1#M�F䂂M��$(8�v?1k<��=C�,C~0gf \L��i0����&RBEQ^��ۼ~02L�D����ō���!^UA���Ki1g��+4�y� ^�[��^��p*va�� �l�Wv��fKG~��H��p�@���X��c0 9D�>��&�ǾÕ��v��&�DFY��h��� p^��

I am not sure what this is, but it looks like some scrambled text which changes every time I reload a page.

Is this a bug...?  Huh

EDIT:
I am not sure what is causing it, but once I have undone some of the changes I have made - now it is just fine.

EDIT 2:
I have found the setting that was causing "cryptic" output, it is "Use GZip Page Compression?" feature, which I had turned on and level was set to 4 (as by default). After disabling this setting, the board works normal again.

If I set compression level to 0, then it is fine apart from header and footer which both now have some new text in them.

I don't remember such output from ever before if I have had enabled GZip page compression.
NOTE: I will keep it "cryptic" (compressed) for today only.

Now, could somebody explain to me why does this happen?
If your host already got GZip compression enabled (by default) then you don't need to enabled it on MyBB else you get that gibberish characters
(2016-05-09, 08:45 AM)Donald_Duck Wrote: [ -> ]If your host already got GZip compression enabled (by default) then you don't need to enabled it on MyBB else you get that gibberish characters

Thanks for your reply, Donald.

So.. It would be CloudFlare service (in this case as far as I am aware of).
(2016-05-09, 08:53 AM)OmegaExtern Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-09, 08:45 AM)Donald_Duck Wrote: [ -> ]If your host already got GZip compression enabled (by default) then you don't need to enabled it on MyBB else you get that gibberish characters

Thanks for your reply, Donald.

So.. It would be CloudFlare service (in this case as far as I am aware of).

Np Smile . ..Probably, most of time it's webhosting