MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Custom user groups NOT showing threads for group
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Prior to the upgrade to 1.2.7, we created multiple user groups in addition to the like 5-6 default ones. Each user group has its own categories and only these groups have access to the threads.
As administrator (1 of 4) of the board, I am also part of the Founders user group. previously I was able to be set as primary user group of administrators and 2ndary of founders, This gave me control of the board and access the the founder categories. Because I am one of 4 admins (each also hold different user groups, I could not create a custom user group for each admin (and shouldnt need to), because Admins themselves do not view all categories.
After upgrading to 1.2.7 using the profile setup of Primary user group (administrator) and 2ndary user group (Founders) I now can not see any of the founder categories. NOR can any of the admins see their threads as long as they are logged in as administrator of the board. IF we remove the admin privileges and they are only in their respective group, they can see the thread with no problem. But this blocks them from doing their administrative maintance duties. I have checked the permissions in the categories, removed as primary, the admin user group, put the 2ndary as primary and virtually anything I can think of to resolve this. I didn't have this problem prior to this update. Any ideas. both on cause, and resolution?
This update didn't touch the user groups. It's something you've or one of your staff's have done since you've updated.
Thanx tiki. I can revert back on our test server and it works fine.. only difference was first time I did upgrade I used the option that said 1.2.3, 1.2.4 or 1.2.6, got an error, 1054 read up on forums, said use 1.2.1 for the option, it worked and the board has been locked for last 48 hours. so I cant see anyone altering it. there is nothing in admin logs and we have no mods..
Tried to catch you in IRC first but missed you evidently..
Wait - which version did you previously have?
1.2.3 but after upgrading got error 1054, looked up on forums and the only references said instead of using 1.2.3 use 1.2.1, I am wondering if we can rerun the upgrade script NOW and chose 1.2.3 since the upgrade bug or error has been fixed. not sure.
Sidey, the upgrade error you are referring to only comes from a forum where the previous upgrade version is 1.2.2. I advise you upgrade and re run the upgrade script using 1.2.2 as your "last" version.
Many thanx to tiki. The problem resided in inherit permissions of the forums. if this is not turned on the secondary user groups does not override the unmarked inherit issues.. even if you have all the rest unchecked, you need to check inherit so it will inherit to the other sections..