MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: How to activate Antispam Features of Mybb1.8.7 after upgrade from 1.6.18
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi folks :-)
I just upgraded an MyBB1.618 forum that used fassim antispam, stop-forum-spam and akismet. These old plugins worked really well but now they dont seem to be compatible to MyBB 1.8.

Before Upgrade I disabeld them all as stated in the documents.

After upgrade I still have an item in the Board Settings for "Stop forum Spam". Is that the "integrated plugin" ?
But what I miss is an option/plugin that detects spam-mails ..like fassim did. When I create a test-spam mail that contains typical keywords of a spam-mail ( with a user account ) nothing happens. 

So I have two questions to MyBB 1.8x :

- how can I verify that the integrated Anti-Spam features are working ?  and
- Is it possible to detect spam content somehow like fassim or akismet did by reacting on key-words in the thread itself ?

I don't want to risk exposing the forum to the public without proper Anti Spam measures.

Thanks for your help ...unfortunately it's really hard to find good informations about the integrated Anti-Spam-Features...if I would know more about it I would really like to help making a readme for the public ;-)

cheers,
Mike
Admin panel > Board Settings > Stop Forum Spam

Admin panel > Board Settings > Login and Registration Options

Also Admin panel > Board Settings > General Configuration

I've been using reCAPTCHA with some Stop Forum Spam settings and it works great, not had one bot sign up.
Thanks Andrew !!

I just figured out that I had to enable the setting for the admin to change security question...; I will check all the other settings, but I wonder how to check if these settings really work ? I thought I had most of them already enabled, but trying to spam with a testuser works everytime unfortunately..

Thanks anyway !
Mike