MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: List of what images have to be in /images? (Skinning Issue)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone happen to have a list of what images need to be in /images, and can't change if you have multiple skins?

This would help out very much so I can reduce the need to have duplicates in the other skin folders (and to reduce clutter).
It's looked down upon to overwrite the default MyBB ones, and it's recommenced, you create your own folder for each theme in the images folder.
I was asking because I've noticed that when I have an alternate skin in a diff. folder, there's a mixture of files that use the new skin's folder, and ones that use the default MyBB ones. As an example, I noticed that the Usergroup icons use the default folder (so I can't have a specific color background for them).

What do you mean by "overwriting" the default ones? *dosen't follow*
If you overwrite the default MyBB images, with new ones.

The usergroup icons will have it's own theme folder in 1.4
First Tikitiki, that's good news Toungue

Now the question:

Yes you can have different group icons for each and every theme, but it means modifying a couple of core files, you can have different stars or ranks too.

You would also need to move or place any group ranks into the language folder of your theme.

Demo: http://aus-themes.com/MyBB/Themes/portal.php

Here's the code for it.

### Everything below here is OPTIONAL! ###

Different Star Ratings for each template. (Optional)
----------------------------------------------------------

Open: /inc/functions_post.php

Find:

for($i = 0; $i < $post['stars']; $i++) 

BEFORE Add:

$post['starimage'] = str_replace('{imagefolder}', $theme['imgdir'], $post['starimage']); 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Open member.php

Find:

for($i = 0; $i < $stars; $i++) 

BEFORE Add:

$starimage = str_replace('{imagefolder}', $theme['imgdir'], $starimage); 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Open ACP / Users and Groups / Manage Groups / "Whichever Group" / Edit Usergroup / Star Image

And use this example: {imagefolder}/1stars.gif  etc. This will use the stars in each "image folder" of the template set. :)

And it Should work for default MyBB theme also.

End: ###################################

Different Group Images for each template.. (Optional)
----------------------------

Open: member.php

Find:

$displaygroup['image'] = str_replace("{lang}", $language, $displaygroup['image']);
	eval("\$groupimage = \"".$templates->get("member_profile_groupimage")."\";");

REPLACE with:

$displaygroup['image'] = str_replace("{lang}", $language, $displaygroup['image']);
	$displaygroup['image'] = str_replace('{groupfolder}', $theme['imglangdir'], $displaygroup['image']);
	eval("\$groupimage = \"".$templates->get("member_profile_groupimage")."\";"); 

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Open: /inc/functions_post.php

Find:

$usergroup['image'] = str_replace("{lang}", $language, $usergroup['image']);
		eval("\$post['groupimage'] = \"".$templates->get("postbit_groupimage")."\";");

REPLACE with:

$usergroup['image'] = str_replace("{lang}", $language, $usergroup['image']);
		$usergroup['image'] = str_replace('{groupfolder}', $theme['imglangdir'], $usergroup['image']);
		eval("\$post['groupimage'] = \"".$templates->get("postbit_groupimage")."\";");

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Open ACP / Users and Groups / Manage Groups / "Whichever Group" / Edit Usergroup / Group Image

And use this example: {groupfolder}/group_admin.gif  etc. This will use the Group Images from the "images/language folder" in each template set. :)

And it Should work for default MyBB theme also, providing you re-name the group-images, and place them in the "images/language folder".
Only these:

root/images/
root/images/english
root/images/toplinks

The other folders are hard coded and I have complained about this endlessly. An example is the star.gif...it's actually pulled from root/images/star.gif no matter what you have in your theme path.
you have to overwrite some of the original graphics since in the themes they are linked directly to. So its easier to overwrite rather then go and change the url in alot of templates.

I'm sure this will be resolved soon when all the images are linked to the current theme shortcut thingie.