MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Theme uploading issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

No matter which theme I try to install in the root system, I get the message "an unknown error occurred"...

I try to load them in admin/styles where the default theme is.

Any ideas on what I could be doing wrong?

You get that error on ACP ? or while you transfer theme files in root of your webhost ?
while I transfer theme files in root of my webhost
Well it's nothing to do with MyBB, its your webhost max upload size issue , if you are root then edit php.ini and increase the limit .

If you are on shared host then login your Cpanel and upload the theme.zip file from there (It will get auto unzipped). Alternatively you can do same using FTP client but you need to unzip it manually via Cpanel's file manager

Edit php.ini with this (make sure to delete old one's)
php_value upload_max_filesize 20M
php_value post_max_size 20M

If you do not have access to the php.ini you can still override it in most cases on apache by creating a .htaccess file and place it in the root directory of your forum. If the file already exists just append these lines to it.
thank you : )

I'll give it a try !

Sol.

Alright. Huge thanks for your help, Donald_Duck, now I'm getting somewhere...

The theme I uploaded is Dark 1.8 and I moved it to admin/styles but it's not showing in the theme selection of the MyBB back end. Still just showing the default.

I am such a noob when it comes to this...

Any ideas why would be greatly appreciated : )

Alright. Huge thanks for your help, Donald_Duck, now I'm getting somewhere...

The theme I uploaded is Dark 1.8 and I moved it to admin/styles but it's not showing in the theme selection of the MyBB back end. Still just showing the default.

I am such a noob when it comes to this...

Any ideas why would be greatly appreciated : )

The Theme has been properly installed and seems to work properly.

Huge Thanks, Donald_Duck !!