MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Insert html into posts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying to put tables I already created on another forum into a thread in MyBB, but for some reason MyBB won't read that language. This is a sample table I'm using:

<table class="mainbg" style="text-align:center;width:100%" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="1">

<tr title="RIGA1">
<td class="ww" colspan="3"><b>Title</b></td>
</tr>
<td class="title" colspan="1"><b>Anything</b></td>
<td class="title" colspan="1"><b>Something</b></td>

<tr title="RIGA2">
<td class="ww" rowspan="4"><div style="overflow:auto; height:200px;">
Bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla bla.</div></td>
<td class="ww"><b>Something:</b>
</td>
</tr>
<td class="aa"><b>Whatever:</b>
</td>
</tr>
<td class="ww"><b>Something:</b>
</td>
</tr>
<td class="aa"><b>Anything:</b>
</td>
</tr>

</table>

I also installed a table generator plugin on MyBB and I noticed the tags are [td][/td] like this, but MyBB should also read html, right? I mean, this kind of tags <td></td>...

What's the problem?

MikeInToshx

Are you sure html in posts are enabled?
(2016-05-14, 09:50 PM)MikeInToshx Wrote: [ -> ]Are you sure html in posts are enabled?

Where exactly do I make sure of that? Could you please tell me the path in the admin control panel?

MikeInToshx

Forums & Posts - Click Options on the forum you want to enable html on - Edit Forum - scroll down to Miscellaneous Options and check Yes, allow HTLM in posts.
enabling html in posts allows html posting by all the members. it could be dangerous and not recommended.
instead, html in posts plugin can be used through which only trusted Staff & trusted members can have the privilege.
(2016-05-15, 02:06 AM)MikeInToshx Wrote: [ -> ]Forums & Posts - Click Options on the forum you want to enable html on - Edit Forum - scroll down to Miscellaneous Options and check Yes, allow HTLM in posts.
Great, thanks!

(2016-05-15, 02:28 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]enabling html in posts allows html posting by all the members. it could be dangerous and not recommended.
instead, html in posts plugin can be used through which only trusted Staff & trusted members can have the privilege.

Thanks for the advice, I'll keep it in mind.
When I try to activate it I get this error Sad

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1366 - Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'sid' at row 1
Query:
INSERT INTO mybb_settings (`sid`,`name`,`title`,`description`,`optionscode`,`value`,`disporder`,`gid`) VALUES ('','htmlposts_groups','Allowed Groups','Enter the group IDs that can use HTML in posts. (separated by a comma, can be blank to allow all)','text','4',1,113)
(2019-07-26, 02:01 PM)Løque Wrote: [ -> ]When I try to activate it I get this error Sad

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

SQL Error:
1366 - Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'sid' at row 1
Query:
INSERT INTO mybb_settings (`sid`,`name`,`title`,`description`,`optionscode`,`value`,`disporder`,`gid`) VALUES ('','htmlposts_groups','Allowed Groups','Enter the group IDs that can use HTML in posts. (separated by a comma, can be blank to allow all)','text','4',1,113)

same here
Last post was 2 years old...
And the trouble is that the plugin is not compatible with MySQL Strict mode, which is now the default for MySQL/MariaDB.

Remove lines "sid" => NULL, (#72, #85 and #98) from htmlposts.php and it will probably work.