MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Unable to SAVE settings in Admin/Config/Settings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi
I have migrated from one host to a new one and taken my MyBB with me. I installed a new MyBB then deleted all the tables using phpMyAdmin, then did an Import of the old db structure and content. There are a few minor problems like it can't find the style sheets because it's got the domain path wrong since the move, but nothing I can't fix if I could only get the new settings to 'stick' in the Admin control panel.

I log in as Admin, go to the Configuration tab and select Settings. Then I go to the second option down, 'Site Details'. Several settings are wrong, including the admin email, and the Homepage URL. I change them to what they should be and hit Save Settings. The system reports 'The settings have been updated successfully. ' But they haven't. I reload those settiings to view them again and nothing has changed.

Yes I have set all the permissions correctly and checked them. settings.php and config.php are set to 666, and all relevant folders to 777. All looking good.

By the way I checked mybb_settings and all the value there are good too. Still the settings in admin control panel (the ones it seems to be actually using) are different & wrong.

Yet it's insane! - No matter how much I try to edit these incorrect settings they keep in place. It's as if they are coming from somewhere other than the inc/settings.php file I have - is that possible?

Please help!!!!!

Frankie.