MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Changing root admin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, well I am an admin over at albumbase, and there is a new owner of the site, when we upgraded to mybb 1.2.7 from 1.2.0 I lost my admin privileges, so did the new owner, it still lists us as admins and lets us log into the admin panel but we can't really do anything.

Is there a way to change root admin in phpmysql?
If you can login to your admin cp you can edit your own permissions and such.
Thanks but no we can not, is says no permission
Whats the uid of your account and the other admins account?
I got on my ftp and downloaded the config.php file and opened it in notebook and changed my name to the super admin, reuploaded it and the permissions changed over for me
I was gonna suggest that Toungue

Also, just making yourself super admin isn't a permanent solution. I suggest you go into admin permissions and resubmit with all the values set to yes.
or find your user account in your SQL db and change your gid to 4 which is admin
Hi, thanks for the suggestions, in the config file I don't see where I can change the root admin?

We changed values to 4 in the SQL db, it still says no permission when click change admin permissions in admin panel.

Also the reputation system is very messed up, were not sure what we did, if we were hacked when using an old version could this stuff be messed up?