MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Disallow PM elimination for users
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have Private Message Log installed and noticed that if a message is deleted by Sender and Recipient then it disappears from the log.
To prevent this, I've decided to run a task that deletes all PMes older than X months and disallow PM elimination, but how can this be done?
It certainly is possible but would you really want PM Boxes taking up that much space?
(2016-05-15, 09:53 PM)Wage Wrote: [ -> ]It certainly is possible but would you really want PM Boxes taking up that much space?

That's why I'm looking for other solutions.
The other one would be an option for pmlog to backup all existing pmes so that even if they're deleted, the log won't be affected - but I can't do it.
OP updated, how can I disable PM elimination?
If can be useful, I have MyPermissions installed.
(2016-07-07, 12:00 PM)ShadowOne Wrote: [ -> ]OP updated, how can I disable PM elimination?

1) You would need to create a new usergroup for users who wouldn't have permissions to send/receive PM's, if I'm understanding you right. OR, the user can disable PM's except from admins through the UCP.

2) I believe adding someone to your ignore list does this.
(2016-07-07, 12:50 PM)Sladex Themes Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-07-07, 12:00 PM)ShadowOne Wrote: [ -> ]OP updated, how can I disable PM elimination?

1) You would need to create a new usergroup for users who wouldn't have permissions to send/receive PM's, if I'm understanding you right. OR, the user can disable PM's except from admins through the UCP.

2) I believe adding someone to your ignore list does this.

I don't want to disallow private messages, I only want messages to remain stored in the database by preventing their elimination.