MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Nginx Regex Rewrites
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Note: this is not a plugin problem, the patches plugin works fine, it's just the rewrites not working correctly

Hihi,

A while back I used frostschutz's patches plugin to create some basic Nginx rewrites such as /user-1, thread-5 etc etc...

On a fresh Nginx install, with the latest MyBB and patches plugin, the following more advanced rewrites don't seem to be working.

define('THREAD_URL_PAGED', 'thread-{tid}-page-{page}');

And in my Nginx VHOST I use the following in a location / block:

rewrite ^(?i)/thread-([0-9]+)-page-([0-9]+)$ /showthread.php?tid=$1&page=$2; 

The same also happens with forum pagination, resulting in invalid forum error messages.

define('FORUM_URL_PAGED', 'forum-{fid}-page-{page}');

Nginx rewrite:

rewrite ^(?i)/forum-([0-9]+)$-page-([0-9]+)$ /forumdisplay.php?fid=$1&page=$2;

Any ideas?
Can you check the access log/error log to see what the rewrites are resulting in?
(2016-05-15, 08:57 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Can you check the access log/error log to see what the rewrites are resulting in?

[15/May/2016:15:58:38 -0500] "GET /forum-17-page-4 HTTP/2.0" 200 4253 "https://domain.com/forum-17"

Looks like it doesn't like $2, ever. Sad

[15/May/2016:16:00:06 -0500] "GET /thread-4-page-2 HTTP/2.0" 200 4262 "https://domain.com/thread-4"
Well, the problem with the forum one is your use of "$":

rewrite ^/forum-([0-9]+)-page-([0-9]+)$ /forumdisplay.php?fid=$1&page=$2;

Not sure about the thread one though.
(2016-05-15, 09:35 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Well, the problem with the forum one is your use of "$":

rewrite ^/forum-([0-9]+)-page-([0-9]+)$ /forumdisplay.php?fid=$1&page=$2;

Not sure about the thread one though.

Applied that in my VHOST and restarted Nginx but still the same errors with forum pagination. Sad

[Image: VSCZYgp.png]
From your server logs, it looks like it's matching the rewrites for the non-paged stuff first. move the rewrites for pages above the rewrites for non-paged and it should work.
maybe there is no $ at the end of your regex for your non-pages rewrites?
(2016-05-18, 01:10 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]maybe there is no $ at the end of your regex for your non-pages rewrites?

As Nekomimi mentioned above, it was simply the order of the rules in my configuration file that was the problem. Wink

location / {
           try_files $uri $uri/ @extensionless-php;

rewrite ^(?i)/forum-([0-9]+)-page-([0-9]+)$ /forumdisplay.php?fid=$1&page=$2;
           rewrite ^(?i)/thread-([0-9]+)-page-([0-9]+)$ /showthread.php?tid=$1&page=$2;
           rewrite ^(?i)/thread-([0-9]+)-post-([0-9]+)$ /showthread.php?tid=$1&pid=$2;
           rewrite ^(?i)/thread-([0-9]+)-lastpost$ /showthread.php?tid=$1&action=lastpost;
           rewrite ^(?i)/thread-([0-9]+)-newpost$ /showthread.php?tid=$1&action=newpost;
           rewrite ^(?i)/thread-([0-9]+)-nextnewest$ /showthread.php?tid=$1&action=nextnewest; 
           rewrite ^(?i)/thread-([0-9]+)-nextoldest$ /showthread.php?tid=$1&action=nextoldest;

rewrite ^(?i)/help /misc.php?action=help;

rewrite ^/(?i)thread-(.*)/(.*)$ /thread-$1 permanent;
           rewrite ^/(?i)user-(.*)/(.*)$ /user-$1 permanent;
           rewrite ^/(?i)post-(.*)/(.*)$ /post-$1 permanent;
           rewrite ^/(?i)forum-(.*)/(.*)$ /forum-$1 permanent;

rewrite ^/(?i)user-(.*)$ /member.php?action=profile&uid=$1& last;
           rewrite ^/(?i)thread-(.*)$ /showthread.php?tid=$1& last;
           rewrite ^/(?i)forum-(.*)$ /forumdisplay.php?fid=$1& last;
           rewrite ^/(?i)post-(.*)$ /showthread.php?pid=$1& last;
       }

location @extensionless-php {
           rewrite ^(.*)$ $1.php last;
       }
Well, there's the problem - you're using a greedy capture for everything ("(.*) will match everything).
(2016-05-18, 01:26 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]Well, there's the problem - you're using a greedy capture for everything ("(.*) will match everything).

Using ([0-9]+) in lieu of (.*)/(.*) will work fine for those last 8 rules right?
Pages: 1 2