MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Reverse Order Post Display
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Feature Suggestion/Enhancement: Reverse Order Post Display

Expected functionality

Currently, the posts in a thread displays as below:

Post 1 (first post)
Post 2
Post 3
Post 4

Can we change them to:

Post 1 (first post)
Post 4
Post 3
Post 2

New post will be displayed on top but the first message by thread starter should be sticked on first.

Any additional notes

Why we need this? Just most users are lazy...They always want their comment on first and keep the thread living longer than usual.

A thread with new post displays at bottom when there are around 100 post/thread. New members are afraid to join in. Most of these threads are only those participants at the first time and to its limit, no one joins to talk/discuss.

This reverse post displays is really useful...Some of my site reach to 4000 posts per thread.

Thanks for your consideration.
This could be an option, as users usually derail from the subject, so for someone who comes in after so many posts, they would read the OP, and then the post right after that would make no sense to them.
Also, I prefer to read every post before I add mine, making sure I make a consistent post, so for me, I would have to read the first post, and then go to the last page and read from the bottom all the way to the top, which is weird.
I would like to have something like this too in MyBB 2.0. The latest post on top of the screen (forced by Admin, not necessarily a user option). Many boards have this feature and I always enable it. The last post is on top of your screen and it saves you a lot of clicking to the last page of the thread and scrolling down to the last post.

Many threads on my forum go on for years.
I suppose this could be possible with a plugin.

Nevermind, Just checked the forum.
This unofficial plugin from 2008 (!) still seems to work with the current version of MyBB; however it seems to reverses the posting order of each thread page (1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19 next >>). I would like to have an option to reverse the posting order of the complete thread, so that all messages are pushed down by replies.

showthreadreverse

Would that be possible?

Example:

Thread page 1
Post 1 newest post 29-07-2017
Post 2 reply 28-07-2017
Post 3 reply 26-07-2017

Thread page 2
Post 4 reply 23-07-2017
Post 5 reply 22-07-2017
Post 6 reply 21-07-2017

Thread page 3