MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: theme.xml and myBB v1.2.7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not being familiar with this upgrade feature of MyBb's overall changes. Sad

Are the themes actually modified or written to by the upgrade ?
Only the "master" templates which you can not edit is updated by the upgrade script. Therefore when you go to do your differential analysis on the templates your custom templates will be the same and the master templates will be updated
Thanks Tikitiki,

Then to make the other themes MyBB1.2.7 compliant, the differential changes as indicated by the master theme should also be made to all theme templates. Where it doesn't affect the actual modifications to the theme. I noted a lot of small changes, vars added and some small differences to about 7 templates; should those changes be made to the modded themes to reflect the master theme. ?

I think I've said that right.. Wink
Lopalong Wrote:Thanks Tikitiki,

Then to make the other themes MyBB1.2.7 compliant, the differential changes as indicated by the master theme should also be made to all theme templates. Where it doesn't affect the actual modifications to the theme. I noted a lot of small changes, vars added and some small differences to about 7 templates; should those changes be made to the modded themes to reflect the master theme. ?

I think I've said that right.. Wink

Yes. You'll need to update or revert it
An interesting situation. Wink

In future my themes will follow the MyBB versions rather than theme.xml v1.0.0 etc, so that it will indicate what version of MyBB they are compatible with.

It also poses a second issue:

Themes that are modified and no longer active on the theme site, such as those posted on MyBB Mods; will have to be re-installed and updated.

So basically every theme is now redundant until it complies with the v.1.2.7 upgrade.

If this is the case, then themes should only be available from a dedicated theming site. Because now I have to re-install three themes just to upgrade them.

If you get my point.
Lopalong Wrote:An interesting situation. Wink

In future my themes will follow the MyBB versions rather than theme.xml v1.0.0 etc, so that it will indicate what version of MyBB they are compatible with.

It also poses a second issue:

Themes that are modified and no longer active on the theme site, such as those posted on MyBB Mods; will have to be re-installed and updated.

So basically every theme is now redundant until it complies with the v.1.2.7 upgrade.

If this is the case, then themes should only be available from a dedicated theming site. Because now I have to re-install three themes just to upgrade them.

If you get my point.

It's the author's responsibility to update the theme and keep it up to date as it is for anybody - same with mod authors.

Not only that, but there won't be any detrimental effect if you install a 1.2.6 theme on a 1.2.7 installation - you'd only receive some small problems
Thanks again Tikitiki,

You've answered all that I need to know, and that is to keep all themes "Live" on my Final-MyBB site for situations just like this. Wink