MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: [RESOLVED] File uploads and avatars don't work.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Users on my forum cannot upload avatars or files. The system maintenence page says that the uploads folder and avatars folder need to be CHMODed to 777. I've already done this. I've even removed the folders and CHMODed them again. I can assure you everything is right, but it just doesn't work. I've contacted my host, but they haven't replied. Any suggestions?

Edit: Private messaging doesn't work either "disabled by administrator" under the forum settings it's clearly enabled for everyone. i suspect it has something to do with this uploads folder dilemma.

I'm sorry if this is the wrong category.

[attachment=36293] [attachment=36294] [attachment=36295]

Edit. I've managed to fix everything. Thanks for all your help :heart:
I experienced a similar problem like this recently, the cause turned out to be a combination of Cloudflare's new "Cache Everything" page rule and inconsistent database encoding types. This happened after migrating hosts.
(2016-05-17, 01:38 AM)Wage Wrote: [ -> ]I experienced a similar problem like this recently, the cause turned out to be a combination of Cloudflare's new "Cache Everything" page rule and inconsistent database encoding types.

What is the "Cache Everything" rule? Anything I can do to fix it?
if you are using CloudFlare then turn on development mode and purge your site cache.
then check whether files upload work. I don't think private messaging is related to this
can you check once again the settings related to private messaging functionality ..

admin panel >> configuration (settings) >> Private Messaging

what is your forum url ?
(2016-05-17, 04:17 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]if you are using CloudFlare then turn on development mode and purge your site cache.
then check whether files upload work. I don't think private messaging is related to this
can you check once again the settings related to private messaging functionality ..  

what is your forum url ?
I don't see any settings for private messaging?

(2016-05-17, 04:17 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]if you are using CloudFlare then turn on development mode and purge your site cache.

what is your forum url ?
Also whenever I try to make a test account I get "The password you entered is of invalid length. Please enter a password between and characters."
if you have used automatic installation / upgrade facility available at your web host panel then that might be not perfect !

regarding password related issue:

forum admin panel >> configuration (settings) >> Login and Registration Options >>

check whether you have values set for Minimum Password Length & Maximum Password Length

general values are => 6 for Minimum Password Length & 30 for Maximum Password Length
(2016-05-19, 03:20 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]if you have used automatic installation / upgrade facility available at your web host panel then that might be not perfect !

forum admin panel >> configuration (settings) >> Login and Registration Options >>

check whether you have values set for Minimum Password Length & Maximum Password Length

general values are => 6 for Minimum Password Length & 30 for Maximum Password Length
There are no settings for any of that. Am I in the right spot?
Edit: I think I don't have any of the default board settings they may have been deleted. Where are these settings stored? Could I just replace/upload a default settings file to fix this?
(2016-05-19, 11:46 PM)AGuyWhoMadeAForum Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-19, 03:20 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]if you have used automatic installation / upgrade facility available at your web host panel then that might be not perfect !

There are no settings for any of that. Am I in the right spot?
Edit: I think I don't have any of the default board settings they may have been deleted. Where are these settings stored? Could I just replace/upload a default settings file to fix this?

Well, it looks as if you're missing all of your board settings. If they haven't been disabled somehow, I think the easiest way at this point would be to reinstall MyBB.

Edit: Solved