MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Redirecting for Splash Page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys. I was modifying my global_splash images and was tryin to get my splash page to work and I can't figure out how to redirect it to my actual forum.

my site is http://www.sherimoon.co.uk and when people go there I want them to see the splash page, then click a image and go to www.sherimoon.co.uk/forum. How do I get it to redirect to there.

Thanks
Well the first thing you would need to do is move your forum to the "/forum" folder which doesn't exist at the moment.

Then in the root of your website, create a file called index.php and put the html code for the image in there.
So you're saying in my ftp, I need to create a folder called /forum and paste everything into that? including my inc, images, themes, yaddah yaddah?

How would I put the html code in the index.php folder? Save it as a text document and upload it..
Do I need to make a subdomain or anything like that?
kyla°firefly Wrote:Do I need to make a subdomain or anything like that?

Nope.

kyla°firefly Wrote:So you're saying in my ftp, I need to create a folder called /forum and paste everything into that? including my inc, images, themes, yaddah yaddah?

How would I put the html code in the index.php folder? Save it as a text document and upload it..

Yes. To be more specific about 'paste', he means move all the forum files to the /forum directory you will create.

To put the html code in a index.php file, go to and open notepad, and just copy and paste the html into it. Save it as index.php with the "Save as Type" set to "All Files".
can I just rename the web url at the top of my ftp list to /forum ?
kyla°firefly Wrote:can I just rename the web url at the top of my ftp list to /forum ?

No that'll screw it up. Simply right click go to "new" -> "Folder" -> Type in "forum" in the text box to name the folder to "forum". Then select everything except the forum folder and drag it into the "forum" folder. And then log into your ACP and update the links.
I did that.. and now when I log into my ACP, it says this...

Not Found
The requested URL /admin/settings.php was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
Did you move everything? Are you accessing the right url? Link to your forum?
Warning: main(./inc/init.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/sherim00/public_html/global.php on line 13

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required './inc/init.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/sherim00/public_html/global.php on line 13

eeeeeeeeeeek!
Pages: 1 2