MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Need some instructions on adding
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I took over my group and the themes were already uploaded and fully functional. Now after the update, I have no themes, which was expected in the directions, but now I need a little step by step on how to put new themes on my group. I have a windows 7 computer and anytime I press download it saves it as a WinRAR and I have no idea what to do with it. Please someone help me. I would like to use the themes other people have already uploaded that I've seen when I go to the browse themes area of the admin cp. But once I am there, I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing. I feel so stupid.
See http://docs.mybb.com/1.8/administration/themes/
Most themes consist of a .xml file to be imported in the ACP and static resources that have to be uploaded to images/ and jscripts/.
Thank you, I was looking everywhere for that link! Something I'm still not reading correctly though. When it says uploading images to a separate folder? Where is it meaning in the ACP? Is it a separate theme? Or a Template?
ACP => Admin Control Panel of the forum

theme pack consists of a sub-folder with its images. in general, that folder will have theme's name
as the folder name
. that folder needs to be uploaded to images folder of MyBB files server

see also this theme installation guidance