MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New project
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,
i am recruiting a staff team, we're going to create a new forum. I can't actually say its focus, just pm me or leave your skype address if you want to partecipate. Don't blame me for this, i have a good reason to say it through pm. We need an experienced developer that will divide with us the earnings of the forum. Yea, the project isn't started or already aliving yet, but we already have the stuffs and the experience to make that work, we are dividing from another forum so we know how the joke is working. We'll listen your abilities and choose carely.

Supercleaver Smile
(2016-05-20, 07:54 AM)Supercleaver Wrote: [ -> ]i am recruiting a staff team [...] I can't actually say its focus

Yeah; I can't see this being good. 

Either state your aim, or get power-hungry script kiddies that can't program.
(2016-05-20, 08:23 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-20, 07:54 AM)Supercleaver Wrote: [ -> ]i am recruiting a staff team [...] I can't actually say its focus

Yeah; I can't see this being good. 

Either state your aim, or get power-hungry script kiddies that can't program.

I told i can't say it in the thread, i will say it don't worry... if you aren't a power-hungry script kiddie you can always pm me.
(2016-05-20, 08:27 AM)Supercleaver Wrote: [ -> ]you can always pm me.

You sent me a PM which I tried to reply to. Though you have PMs disabled so it isn't possible to reach out to you.
[Image: 148b8dadfa.png]

Want to fix that?

--

(2016-05-20, 08:27 AM)Supercleaver Wrote: [ -> ]I told i can't say it in the thread, i will say it don't worry... if you aren't a power-hungry script kiddie you can always pm me.

I don't like wasting my time.
(2016-05-20, 08:30 AM)Alex - A2Hosting Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-20, 08:27 AM)Supercleaver Wrote: [ -> ]you can always pm me.

You sent me a PM which I tried to reply to. Though you have PMs disabled so it isn't possible to reach out to you.

Fixed Smile

(2016-05-20, 08:35 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ][Image: 148b8dadfa.png]

Want to fix that?

--

(2016-05-20, 08:27 AM)Supercleaver Wrote: [ -> ]I told i can't say it in the thread, i will say it don't worry... if you aren't a power-hungry script kiddie you can always pm me.

And i don't want to waste people time.

(2016-05-20, 08:35 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ][Image: 148b8dadfa.png]

Want to fix that?

--

He Pmed this to me:

"You're wasting my time. Thanks for the liberal offer. Stop doing that; it makes you look desperate cold-PMing people because they post in your thread is not only time-consuming, but it earns you a spot on my ignore list."

I sent pms to a couple of members that appeared intelligent. You were on that list too, i've nothing against you, if you want rage just don't do it against members. I am only making a liberal offer as you said. I didn't spammed the same pm, and i didn't spammed to you, you decided to answer: i think there weren't reasons to ignore me, but you did it, so it was a choice. I know you are a guru here, and i respect you and your work. Have a nice time.
(2016-05-20, 08:36 AM)Supercleaver Wrote: [ -> ]I sent pms to a couple of members that appeared intelligent. You were on that list too, i've nothing against you, if you want rage just don't do it against members. I am only making a liberal offer as you said. I didn't spammed the same pm, and i didn't spammed to you, you decided to answer: i think there weren't reasons to ignore me, but you did it, so it was a choice. I know you are a guru here, and i respect you and your work. Have a nice time.

Sharing PMs publicly makes you look bad. It makes you - as a board owner - look as though you don't want to respect the privacy of others.

Whether or not you spammed me doesn't mean that you're not wasting my time.

So here; let's make a list since you're so hell-bent on pursuing this:
  • You create this thread; I reply asking questions.
  • Rather than answer my questions (read: concerns) publicly, you cold PM me, asking if I want to join
  • I reply, asking what remuneration I can expect - to which your answer was... none. At least, not in the short term. A percentage of $0 revenue is still $0 any way you slice it.
  • You then claim you can tell me what you're going to create by PM, but *do* you? No.

After that, I placed you on my ignore list because, quite simply, you shouldn't be running a forum and promising things you can't guarantee will happen. I have no guarantee the time I am putting into your site will make your site a success. I have no guarantee you won't get bored in a week and leave it a ghost town until the hosting expires, and I have no guarantee I'll even get paid for the time I am putting into the site.

Next time - and I suspect there will be one - maybe you should consider that before you cold PM people asking them to help you, with no selling point.
"-You create this thread; I reply asking questions." -> you didn't ask, you just blamed
"-Rather than answer my questions (read: concerns) publicly, you cold PM me, asking if I want to join" -> do you want a hot pm? i can do it if you really need. I am asking for a cooperation, this is not a meeting site.
"-I reply, asking what remuneration I can expect - to which your answer was... none. At least, not in the short term. A percentage of $0 revenue is still $0 any way you slice it. "-> the remuneration is a percentage, if you want to do the programmer for work, go to do it. This is a helping-requesting section. Do you want to earn something? Graduate then something will pay you maybe. But i think that no one will take you if you are so angry with the world.
"-You then claim you can tell me what you're going to create by PM, but *do* you? No. " -> You never asked in your pms, you just keep repeating i'm making you to loose time but, my dear, you are loosing more continuing to reply. IF you didn't want to LOSE YOUR TIME you could just ignore and don't answer. You are loosing my and your time replying.

"After that, I placed you on my ignore list because, quite simply, you shouldn't be running a forum and promising things you can't guarantee will happen. I have no guarantee the time I am putting into your site will make your site a success. I have no guarantee you won't get bored in a week and leave it a ghost town until the hosting expires, and I have no guarantee I'll even get paid for the time I am putting into the site."

I never promised something. You have no guarantees. As me. As all. it's a new project. It is starting from zero. No guarantees it will work. Maybe you should speak to people withouth flaming them to obtain guarantees. This is not the right way to speak to members, and you are doing the same each post is posted in this section. Maybe you have time to loose or maybe the world just refused you, i don't know what happened to you but i keep respect as always, and i will not flaming to you. I will not loose it with you, so i will not reply to you more times.
Please, learn to use the quote function, it makes things a lot easier to read...

(2016-05-20, 10:19 AM)Supercleaver Wrote: [ -> ]You didn't ask, you just blamed

I said I couldn't see this going well. It hasn't. I was right.

(2016-05-20, 10:19 AM)Supercleaver Wrote: [ -> ]Do you want a hot pm? i can do it if you really need. I am asking for a cooperation, this is not a meeting site.

Do you know the difference between warm and cold calls/emails/PMs? Cold is when you message someone and they don't know who you are or what you want (or haven't shown an interest - as I hadn't).

(2016-05-20, 10:19 AM)Supercleaver Wrote: [ -> ]the remuneration is a percentage, if you want to do the programmer for work, go to do it. This is a helping-requesting section. Do you want to earn something? Graduate then something will pay you maybe. But i think that no one will take you if you are so angry with the world.

As I said, a percentage of $0 is still $0.

And, just for the record, I did graduate. With High Distinctions. What's your point?

(2016-05-20, 10:19 AM)Supercleaver Wrote: [ -> ]You never asked in your pms, you just keep repeating i'm making you to loose time but, my dear, you are loosing more continuing to replying. IF you didn't want to LOSE YOUR TIME you could just ignore and don't answer. You are loosing my and your time replying.

No but you did offer multiple times - it's therefore implied that you would then state it. Clearly.

Apparently that's too hard.

(2016-05-20, 10:19 AM)Supercleaver Wrote: [ -> ]You have no guarantees. As me. As all. it's a new project. It is starting from zero. No guarantees it will work. Maybe you should speak to people without flaming them to obtain guarantees. This is not the right way to speak to members, and you are doing the same each post is posted in this section. Maybe you have time to loose. I will not loose this with you, so i will not reply to you more times.

Ahhhhhhh now the truth comes out. You're promising (offering) a percentage of no revenue to help out on a site you'll close in a month because it doesn't pick up. Marvellous.

A tip: If you really want people to help you - offer them something of value. Either your assistance on their site, or - I don't know - in the case of your developers, pay them. Do you have any clue, any at all, how long it has taken me to build my site from the ground up? I have spent the last 24 months (and then some) programming it. It isn't cheap when you consider the man-hours I've put into it. And you want me to work on your site for free?
I can't resist to answering you, so irritating Smile

(2016-05-20, 10:26 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]Please, learn to use the quote function, it makes things a lot easier to read...

I know how to use it, just didn't want to lose time to quote, it is faster as i answered.

(2016-05-20, 10:26 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]I said I couldn't see this going well. It hasn't. I was right.

Maybe for you. This is your point of view, who cares. Even if i will not find a partner here, i always can learn to do it, my father is programming since... idk since i remember. Maybe i'll ask to him, maybe i'll not.I have time to think about it, was better to find
someone who could help me because he had a interest doing it.

(2016-05-20, 10:26 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]Do you know the difference between warm and cold calls/emails/PMs? Cold is when you message someone and they don't know who you are or what you want (or haven't shown an interest - as I hadn't).

Yea i failed writing you a cold message. You just want to make some controversy. I grant you, I could not write to you, hope someone won't do my same error.

(2016-05-20, 10:26 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]As I said, a percentage of $0 is still $0.
And, just for the record, I did graduate. With High Distinctions. What's your point?

A percentage of $0 is still $0... did you learn this at your university? What a nice skill. Owful, the hope is to getting something.
21 years and graduated? So something like 3 years? Where i live no one would take you, even if you are graduated with 110/110 and academical kiss. Young software engineers here take 5 years to graduate, and they still pay them the equivalent of 1200 $ monthy.
My point? i'm studying molecular biology and i'm in time with my exams but... who cares about me? i haven't to code something. I'm just the owner of the stuffs of the future forum.

(2016-05-20, 10:26 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]No but you did offer multiple times - it's therefore implied that you would then state it. Clearly.

Multiple times. 3 Messages. Like 5 minutes. I am loosing more time speaking with you. As you said
(2016-05-20, 10:26 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]Apparently is too hard
For you.

(2016-05-20, 10:26 AM)Ben Cousins Wrote: [ -> ]Ahhhhhhh now the truth comes out. You're promising (offering) a percentage of no revenue to help out on a site you'll close in a month because it doesn't pick up. Marvellous.

A tip: If you really want people to help you - offer them something of value. Either your assistance on their site, or - I don't know - in the case of your developers, pay them. Do you have any clue, any at all, how long it has taken me to build my site from the ground up? I have spent the last 24 months (and then some) programming it. It isn't cheap when you consider the man-hours I've put into it. And you want me to work on your site for free?

The truth has always been shown. It's a partnership. We are beginning something. Do you want to partecipate? Okay, pm me. Don't you want? please shut up and take your comments for you.
I know people who is doing their job because they like it and not just for money. We understand you don't. Go to try another job, maybe you'll be finally happy.
Maybe i will follow your tip, but i will never pay someone that speaks like you.
P.s: 1 month and over spent on forum? And you haven't time to lose?

Over all this you made me laugh (especially with the term marvellous) and i begin to love this discussSmile glad to know you man Wink

You can close this thread, i already put the forum online, a friend helped me.