MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Signatures only updated manually?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I can edit signatures but they won't show in new posts by those members. Is this normal?

Changing the signature, selecting "Enable my signature in all of my existing posts.", then updating it shows it in all posts until then again.

Any idea what could cause this if it's not "as designed"?
Is it at least possible that updating a signature automatically changes it everywhere?
modifying content of a user's signature automatically updates the signature where it was used.

i.e. signature content automatically updates at user's posts , at user profile & private messages ..
OP, make sure your privacy settings under you browser are cleared.
It can many a times be a simple browser issue which we suppose to ignore. GL
(2016-05-23, 05:23 PM)YihuYon Wrote: [ -> ]OP, make sure your privacy settings under you browser are cleared.
It can many a times be a simple browser issue which we suppose to ignore. GL

I'm currently building this on localhost, will have to see if the problem remains on a live server. If so, I'll be back Wink

Thanks for both answers!
On the live site it still doesn't work.. Any ideas?

So the issue is I can update the signature on all older post, but when I post a new post that one won't display my signature.
^ can you post testing URLs - where the signature has changed and where old signature is shown ..
http://cosyracingcommunity.com/thread-48.html

Sorry, just noticed it's not on a public forum, will fix now. And fixed.
so you have selected "Enable my signature in all of my existing posts" at user control panel

does signature checkbox shown as checked in when you make a quick reply / new reply / new topic ?
Thanks for your response!

"so you have selected "Enable my signature in all of my existing posts" at user control panel "
Yep.

"does signature checkbox shown as checked in when you make a quick reply / new reply / new topic ?"
I removed that part through the templates. No way to force this in the admin panel/configuration?

If so a <input yada checked> plus display:none for the signature checkbox should fix this?
Pages: 1 2