MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Hide Empty Threadlisting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,
I would like to know how to hide or remove  the empty threadlisting below with no threads within a mybb forum and show only the subforums

Please see my image for reference:
[Image: xIf2qDa.jpg]

So, using the image reference...I would like to remove the whole tab below with the word media and thread/author thing and show only Gaming, Music, Movies & TV.

I am really having a hard time figuring this out under forums ACP tab.

Kindly help, thanks in advance.
Go to ACP and the forum listing. Then click on that forum's options, then edit forum. From there you can select from:

Access Options
Forum is Active?
If unselected, this forum will not be shown to users and will not "exist".
Forum is Open?
If unselected, users will not be able to post in this forum regardless of permissions.
If you don't expect any threads in that forum, I believe making it a category will suffice.
(2016-05-20, 09:05 PM)Ashley1 Wrote: [ -> ]Go to ACP and the forum listing. Then click on that forum's options, then edit forum. From there you can select from:

Access Options
Forum is Active?
If unselected, this forum will not be shown to users and will not "exist".
Forum is Open?
If unselected, users will not be able to post in this forum regardless of permissions.

Tried it, doesnt seem to work.
Forum is Active - hides all subforums which in this case are Gaming, Music, Movies & TV.

Forum is Open - doesnt allow me to post in any of the subforums.

(2016-05-20, 09:14 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]If you don't expect any threads in that forum, I believe making it a category will suffice.

Yes I dont expect any threads in that forum and just want to show Gaming, Music, Movies & TV here in this case.
Following your suggestion loses the looks on index page.

(2016-05-20, 09:14 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]If you don't expect any threads in that forum, I believe making it a category will suffice.

v2 Edit - Upon checking it with the default mybb theme index page looks just ok. Argh why is the default theme just so smooth :Big Grin
Thanks. I guess I will have to stick with the default theme and do a bit of editing to it only. Cheers!!! solved.