MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Hi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi again... I know I can be blind at times, so please forgive me.

But I got this forum, and I want to have boards like member Photos, and Women Disussion, but some of the members had suggested in limiting access to that board, so members who want access will have to request by clicking a link or something like htat.

I thought of using the normal usergroups, but what if I have three boards that limit access, and a certain member wants access to all three, how am I going about with this?

Help needed.. thanx
Use secondary usergroups. You can find them when editing a user in the admin cp.
oh cool... thanx... one more thing... is there any way a board can be visible to anyone, but people who can't gain access will not be able to view the topics, but would actually see a locked board?
In case you're wondering.. I don't want the board to be invisible to new members, or regular posters, but I want to create a usergroup type board such as the ones i called in my previous post.

Thnx
Yes. I think it can be done by editing the forum permissions. Undo the permissions you don't want to have for a certain group.