MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Users getting banned message, but aren't actually banned
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have received many messages from users asking why they've been banned on the forum. When I check their IP and account they're not banned or blocked at all. It's weird, it's caused a big drop in my active userbase.

To maybe solve this problem, yesterday I switched from GoDaddy to Webfaction and disabled CloudFlare. I read in another thread that CloudFlare may be causing the problem?

I'm running on 1.8.6

The message they get: "I'm sorry but you are banned. You may not post, read threads, or access the forum. Please contact your forum administrator should you have any questions.
what are the plugins you have in active status ?
i also got this type of eroor message when i accidentally blocked my Server IP address, check you banned IP if there is your Server IP in the list, also use this thing if you are using cloudflare http://community.mybb.com/thread-190193-...pid1213944.
(2016-05-22, 03:41 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]what are the plugins you have in active status ?

[Image: AhhsqP2.jpg]
above plugins should not be a cause for the referred problem. most probably it is IP address (or IP range) affecting.

if you need direct help and if you can wait for a few hours then
you may PM me temporary access to forum admin panel & files to check