MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Prune users/remove users safe?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I am considering using prune users option - like if user is registered but haven't sent any message I want it removed. I can use prune users option for this but I am not sure if its safe? Some ppl told removing users isnt good and can create problems in database?
With it being a built-in core feature it shouldn't harm your database in any way unless issues have been reported recently.

I wouldn't recommend doing this on smaller boards without having a reason.
using prune users option is safe
however just as a precaution take database backup before using the option.
Is removing user safe too? Reason I consider this issue is some freak creates fake accounts in my forum with generated e-mail and fake IP, I can ban him everytime but that increases member count and in Members list there are huge blocks of banned people.
^ yes, you can remove banned users (assuming that you have no legit users banned for some reason)
(2016-05-22, 07:01 AM)Darkrad Wrote: [ -> ]Is removing user safe too? Reason I consider this issue is some freak creates fake accounts in my forum with generated e-mail and fake IP, I can ban him everytime but that increases member count and in Members list there are huge blocks of banned people.

A better option would be disabling banned members from being shown in memberlist that way the person committing these acts can't register under the same email/username again.

[Image: vJDe.png]
Thank you man.