MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mobile Theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I want to make my forum mobile-friendly, so decided to go for GoMobile. Searched on MyBB Community Mods and found this - http://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=331

I installed it and it looked good, but it's only a theme. It doesn't have any plugin which will detect mobile browser and direct to the appropriate theme.

I searched more and found this - https://github.com/jasonliehr/MyBB-GoMobile. It has the plugin and redirects to correct theme, but the mobile theme isn't as good as the earlier one.

Please tell me how can I use the Community Mods theme with the plugin.

Thanks

Nitin
If you install the GoMobile plugin version, you can tell it which theme to use.

Below is the process. It is a lot easier than it looks.

1. Upload files:  gomobile_theme.xml and gomobile.php into inc/plugins. 

2. Activate the GoMobile plugin. Go to the ACP/Plugins to activate it. 

3A. Set the Theme ID: Go to ACP/Configuration Settings (scroll down)/Plugin Settings/GoMobile Settings/Theme ID.
Put in the ID of the theme you want to use for your responsive theme.

3B. How to find the ID number: ACP/Templates & Style/ Click on the theme you want to use.
IN THE URL at the top of the page, the last number is the Theme ID. Put that number into the GoMobile Theme ID settings.

For example, http://myboard/admin/index.php?module=st...n=edit&tid=22

22 is the number to use.

4. UCP Tickbox: In the UCP/Edit Options/Other Options there is a tickbox that says "Use a mobile version if I visit from a mobile device?" Tick that if you want gomobile to auto-bump you to the responsive theme.

5. Delete the GoMobile theme in Templates & Style. You can delete the theme so people don't pick it by accident. BUT you need to leave gomobile_theme.xml and gomobile.php in inc/plugins for it to work. 

I have just those two files installed and it works for me on 1.8.7

Please let us know how it goes for you.

Thanks, .M.  Blush
(2016-05-24, 03:28 PM)Alia Wrote: [ -> ]If you install the GoMobile plugin version, you can tell it which theme to use.

Below is the process. It is a lot easier than it looks.

1. Upload files:  gomobile_theme.xml and gomobile.php into inc/plugins. 

2. Activate the GoMobile plugin. Go to the ACP/Plugins to activate it. 

3A. Set the Theme ID: Go to ACP/Configuration Settings (scroll down)/Plugin Settings/GoMobile Settings/Theme ID.
Put in the ID of the theme you want to use for your responsive theme.

3B. How to find the ID number: ACP/Templates & Style/ Click on the theme you want to use.
IN THE URL at the top of the page, the last number is the Theme ID. Put that number into the GoMobile Theme ID settings.

For example, http://myboard/admin/index.php?module=st...n=edit&tid=22

22 is the number to use.

4. UCP Tickbox: In the UCP/Edit Options/Other Options there is a tickbox that says "Use a mobile version if I visit from a mobile device?" Tick that if you want gomobile to auto-bump you to the responsive theme.

5. Delete the GoMobile theme in Templates & Style. You can delete the theme so people don't pick it by accident. BUT you need to leave gomobile_theme.xml and gomobile.php in inc/plugins for it to work. 

I have just those two files installed and it works for me on 1.8.7

Please let us know how it goes for you.

Thanks, .M.  Blush

Is there a way to edit the "logo" it has the name of the forum there but I would like to put my logo there instead?
Hi, willfly4food

Sorry I missed this before. 

Yes, you can do that. It's theme based.

How to change the logo in your theme
  1. Name your logo file logo.png. 
  2. Place it in the the root folder of your theme. It will then replace the original logo file in that folder (or you can rename the old one).  FX: mysite/images/mytheme/logo.png
If you only have one theme, you're done. If you have more than one, you can upload the same logo to each theme's folder, OR you can point them all to this one logo. 

How to point a theme to a logo.png in different theme. 
  1. Go to Templates & Style. 
  2. Click on the theme for which you want to change the logo (if you have multiple themes, you can do all of them. The logo need only be in one place; all themes can be made to point to the same logo).
  3. Scroll down to Edit Theme Properties (second blue bar), and thence to Board Logo. Enter the location of your logo like so: images/mytheme/logo.png (note that you do not need a complete url)

Boom. Done. Refresh your forum and the logo should be there for you. 
I hope this helps