MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: RewriteEngine messing with other redirections?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi!

My current setup is that going to "/" (i.e. domain.com) goes to "/maint" - a maintenance page. That's the only one that redirects on the same site; I have some others like /fb that goes to the Facebook page but anyway...

If I go to /home or another subdirectory, I get there, but when I go to /web, where my forum is installed, I get pushed to /maint even though that's not the intended behavior and I didn't set it like that. There are no rules like that both in the cPanel redirection page of any htaccess file over the entire site. I'm not sure whether I'm getting pushed directly to /maint or to / which then follows the correct route of forwarding me to /maint

I can still get to /web/admin

My host did some magic and found that by turning off "RewriteEngine on" in the MyBB htaccess, the problem no longer persisted, however then other parts of MyBB would break. 

How is Rewrite Engine in MyBB redirecting to /maint yet nothing else does including the admin panel? It's left me confused and the host recommended I contact MyBB

Thanks!
do you have wordpress (or other CMS) installation at the parent folder ? if so its rewrite rules might be affecting.
I do not, the only non-directory/non-folder contents in the parent / folder is an index.html, index1.html, and a .htaccess file. My CMS is under /home but is not affected and doesn't push me back to /maint

The .htaccess file in the parent / folder is:
RewriteOptions inherit

RewriteEngine on

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^.*$
RewriteRule ^twitter$ "TWITTER URL HERE" [R=301,L]

RewriteRule ^facebook$ "FACEBOOK PAGE URL HERE" [R=301,L]

RewriteRule ^/?$ "http\:\/\/WEBSITEHERE\.com\/maint" [R=301,L]

RewriteRule ^youtube$ "YOUTUBE URL HERE" [R=301,L]

RewriteRule ^steam$ "STREAM URL HERE" [R=301,L]

RewriteRule ^mcrules$ "http\:\/\/WEBSITEHERE\.com\/support\/kb\/faq\.php\?id\=2" [R=301,L]