MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Index.php problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi! Several members were experiencing some issues in regards to index.php when they go to the home page. They reported a bug(?) that when they come onto the index of the site and click anything side from the UserCP, the site will direct them to a page (as an example) - with this part "boogaloocrews.com/index.php/forumdisplay.php?fid=81" (where it leads to nowhere) where it should be this - "boogaloocrews.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=81"

It seems to add the extra content when it shouldn't be doing that. 

Is there a way to resolved the solution of this problem?  Smile

Thanks for the fast response! 

I checked the board url and it doesn't have the index.php
There should be a setting on general configration for the homepage.

Please remove /index.php and just use the forum root
I went on the general configuration (and several others), but there isn't the "/index.php" anywhere.
Bumping the thread (my apologies if this isn't the right choice), but I'm still seeing this issues for some of the members (where if they click anywhere, other than the User CP, it adds the index.php/leaves it there and redirects them someplace else or nowhere).
It works just fine for me as a guest.
Hmm! Could it be that another problem is causing the index.php to be added on to url on their end rather than the forum itself?
It can't be happening client side, so I would look for common factors. Are all the affected users members of the same group? Are all members of that group affected? Do you have different themes for different user groups?
Sent you a PM.
(2016-06-22, 02:08 PM)Wiggo Wrote: [ -> ]It can't be happening client side, so I would look for common factors. Are all the affected users members of the same group? Are all members of that group affected? Do you have different themes for different user groups?

The affected users are from different groups -- though they're the minority that are expericing the problem rather than entire groups, if that helps.

As for themes, yes, I have three themes (two of them available for registered members only). They reported that all themes give them same problem -- although they said they have only used it on chrome. Don't know if the problem persists on other browsers.
(2016-06-22, 02:19 PM)ShineCero Wrote: [ -> ]The affected users are from different groups -- though they're the minority that are expericing the problem rather than entire groups, if that helps.

As for themes, yes, I have three themes (two of them available for registered members only). They reported that all themes give them same problem -- although they said they have only used it on chrome. Don't know if the problem persists on other browsers.
Not much help, no... Confused

Unless something is really screwed up, the URLs for any links are created by the various templates used by the themes. So if you look at the index template for one of your themes (ACP->Templates & Style->Templates->Your Templates->Index Page Templates->Index), you will see it typically created the <head> and <body> elements, then calls {header}, {forums}, {boardstats} and {footer}.

If you look in, say, Header Templates->Header you will see that includes things like:
<a href="{$mybb->settings['bburl']}/misc.php?action=help" class="help">

The same structure applies right through the system, so the only place the extra 'index.php' can be creeping in is either because 'bburl' contains it, and you say you have checked this, or there are errors in the templates.

If the error is in the template, it would affect everyone in the group that uses that theme.

You say you have checked, but see what is set in ACP->Configuration->Settings->Site Details as the Homepage URL.

Other than that, get the affected users to clear their caches and hope...
Pages: 1 2