MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: "Ban Forever" should be default for banning
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It took me awhile to realize that all the people I was banning for spam, I was only banning for a single day, and not forever (somehow I totally missed that drop down menu).

I think it makes sense though, that when you ban people, you assume you want to "ban [them] forever."

Sorry, just a small complaint.
This really is user preference however.
I for one would not want to have 'Forever' as the first option, the way it is now is the way other forum software is set up and it just makes sense.

If it's worth banning them, it's worth doing it right. Just select it from the drop down. Smile
Most of the people I banned I only ban for a few days or a few weeks. It really depends on your forum rules, and on what the member has done.

Also, its hardly difficult to click on the drop down and choose "permanent".
I think in other forum softwares, temporary banning is called suspension.
Slythfox Wrote:I think it makes sense though, that when you ban people, you assume you want to "ban [them] forever."

What you are saying makes sense. What is the use of banning weapons of mass destruction for a day?!
maatty Wrote:
Slythfox Wrote:I think it makes sense though, that when you ban people, you assume you want to "ban [them] forever."

What you are saying makes sense. What is the use of banning weapons of mass destruction for a day?!

We are banning people, not weapons.