MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Change background on individual subforums
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I run a gaming community and I cannot seem to figure out the correct way to change the background image on individual sub-forums. I would like to add an Overwatch background to our Overwatch sub forum. If and when I add the code to change the background does the background of the main forum take precedent? If not, does adding an individual background to a sub-forum create a system where I have to designate a background for all individually? Hopefully I am explaining this correctly.

It seems that the majority of information I find is outdated or I am just missing some important aspect. I apologize if this has already been explained in detail yet I cannot seem to find it.
admin panel >> Templates & Style >> Templates >> your theme templates >> Forum Display Templates >> forumdisplay

change <body> to <body class="forum_{$fid}">

and in the global.css style sheet you can use required background images using css
Quote:.forum_X {background-image: url("__________");}
note: X is forum ID (number)
global.css of the theme should be edited through forum admin panel & in advanced edit mode.
remember hard refreshing browser (eg. press CTRL + F5) on the forum display page to see changes
(2016-05-25, 04:34 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]admin panel >> Templates & Style >> Templates >> your theme templates >> Forum Display Templates >> forumdisplay

change <body> to <body class="forum_{$fid}">

and in the global.css style sheet you can use required background images using css
Quote:.forum_X {background-image: url("__________");}
note: X is forum ID (number)
global.css of the theme should be edited through forum admin panel & in advanced edit mode.
remember hard refreshing browser (eg. press CTRL + F5) on the forum display page to see changes

Thank you! It worked Smile

It looks like the code I had was almost there but slightly different. I appreciate your quick solution and in depth answer.