MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: User Group System (Not Permissions, a mini-forum)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings! I wish for a system similar to this.

In this, a user can create a Group (Not to be confused with Permission Groups!), where there is a mini forum, where other members can join, and join other peoples' topics. Inside, users can make other members Group Admins and can make new forum categories, forums, and then post or reply to topics, just like the original forum, just not as detailed.

My attempts at Google, and the MyBB searches always dropped me into Users and Groups, and Permissions, etc
that is a huge (& complex) project and may not be possible in near future .. see this related thread
(2016-05-29, 02:44 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]that is a huge (& complex) project and may not be possible in near future .. see this related thread

Ah! Darn... could it be possible for a code that can be put in a custom page for users to request a custom Group (Permissions) to be created? Or even to just create a Group but in the Website area, not the Admin CP? This would allow for Admins to approve of the group/create it and/or create forums only accessible by this group.

Of course I do think creating a group with permissions editing on the site could be complex, so... is there a code out there to create forms that can be sent to Admins? Preferably via PM?
simple method (you might already know this) :
custom user groups can have access to specific forums. only that group members & Staff have access.

eg. see user groups & Big Board Owners section

custom page can be made with describing the group & join link. group leaders can approve or deny .. etc
(2016-05-29, 03:33 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]simple method (you might already know this) :
custom user groups can have access to specific forums. only that group members & Staff have access.

eg. see user groups & Big Board Owners section

custom page can be made with describing the group & join link. group leaders can approve or deny .. etc

Now that is useful! Awesome! However... I meant a custom page where I could put code. I used to use Zetaboards and in their ACP they allowed Custom Pages. I could put any Java script in there, but I can't really use their codes as they are coded for Zetaboards and use a hosting site to hold majority of the data compatible with Zetaboards.

It would be something like this, as an example. Very useful. Is there any Custom Fill out form mods/codes on this site?

I discovered there is a Page System, but I do not suppose you would know where I could find a compatible custom form code?