MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: not saving text format when pasting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
is it possible for mybb forum to keep the default format of text when copy and pasting from other sources.

the problem is majority of users dont realize that they are pasting texts that have dark, light or very big format making topic very ugly or very hard to read.

so possible to loose or not paste text format with mybb settings ?
not one answer???
is the post not clear ?

for example if i copy a translated text from google it will come out like this when pasting
texto traducido

then it will change the whole text format of whatever i type next

i understand why this happens but not everyone does, is it possible to stop this from happening ?
depends on the format of the source text and posting mode (source mode or visual mode)

if you copy & paste from another forum and post in visual mode then the format might be saved !
but then in source mode the formating code will appear right ? then the user will have to erase the formating code.

im wondering if theres a way to not save text format at all, so the user wont have to deal with it, just keep default format always when pasting from another forum
if pasted content posted in the source mode then no format should be saved. you can test it here --> testing forum