MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: 403 Forbidden During IP Options
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When I go to look at a users IP in the AdminCP and click the Option button, any of those selections (Show users who have registered with this IP, etc.) results in a 403 Forbidden error message. Does anyone know how to resolve this?
run file verification tool from below location. what does it report ?

admin panel >> tools & maintenance >> file verification

ignore reported images & ignore files reported from install folder & its sub-folders
(2016-05-31, 05:06 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]run file verification tool from below location. what does it report ?

admin panel >> tools & maintenance >> file verification

ignore reported images & ignore files reported from install folder & its sub-folders

Attached is a screen capture of what I'm seeing.

[attachment=36346]
^ above changed files might have no relation with the 403 forbidden message.
does server error log has any mention to those 403 errors ?
I checked the access and error logs and I'm not seeing anything referencing the admin folder at all. Not sure why it's not letting me access it.
I'm still having this issue. I can get to showing a users IP addresses, but if I click Options and Show User Who Have Registered With This IP or Show User Who Have Posted With This IP I get the error:

Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /plagueis/index.php on this server.

The exact URL that generates the error is

https://<domain>/<admin folder>/index.php?module=user-users&action=search&results=1&conditions=a%3A1%3A%7Bs%3A5%3A%22regip%22%3Bs%3A13%3A%2277.165.36.157%22%3B%7D

Does anyone have any advice on how to resolve this please?
(2016-10-02, 03:47 PM)thunderclap Wrote: [ -> ]I'm still having this issue. I can get to showing a users IP addresses, but if I click Options and Show User Who Have Registered With This IP or Show User Who Have Posted With This IP I get the error:

Forbidden

https://<domain>/<admin folder>/index.php?module=user-users&action=search&results=1&conditions=a%3A1%3A%7Bs%3A5%3A%22regip%22%3Bs%3A13%3A%2277.165.36.157%22%3B%7D

What have you done to your file(s)? Did you edit them?

Did you mess with the config.php file?

Did you change something about your admin directory?

Also, who are you going through for hosting?
(2016-10-02, 05:34 PM)Zaqre Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-10-02, 03:47 PM)thunderclap Wrote: [ -> ]I'm still having this issue. I can get to showing a users IP addresses, but if I click Options and Show User Who Have Registered With This IP or Show User Who Have Posted With This IP I get the error:

Forbidden

What have you done to your file(s)? Did you edit them?

Did you mess with the config.php file?

Did you change something about your admin directory?

Also, who are you going through for hosting?

Config.php hasn't been touched. Here is a what File Verification is telling me:

images/jump.png Changed
jscripts/sceditor/editor_themes/default.css Changed
inc/languages/english/messages.lang.php Changed
inc/languages/english/global.lang.php Changed
inc/datahandlers/post.php Changed
inc/functions_indicators.php Changed
htaccess-nginx.txt Missing
inc/plugins/hello.php Missing

Since I use apache I removed the htaccess-nginx.txt file, and since I didn't use the hello.php plugin in I also removed that. Neither of those should cause the problem I'm seeing. The other files I don't remember changing personally, but they may have been altered by a plugin or one of the other admin. Again, none of those look to be files that would prevent me from doing an IP search.