MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: no smilies?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[attachment=36345]
when creating a post all I see is text where all the smilies should be.
I tried adding a smilie to one f my posts but it only shows the text and not an image.

I'm using the latest version of mybb (1.8.7).
it was a cpanel install and everything else is working fine except for the smilies.

any help would be appreciated. thanks in advance!

my url is here:

http://www.scrap-kits.com/forum
have you checked settings of Clickable Smilies and BB Code at Configuration section in forum admin panel ..
(2016-05-31, 10:28 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]have you checked settings of Clickable Smilies and BB Code at Configuration section in forum admin panel ..

yes, checked it and even looked into the folder where all the smilies are stored and they ARE there.
the problem is they just don't show up.
maybe a script in the header?

not sure about that because this is the first time I've ever used this type of forum platform.
in the past I've always user phpbb or simplemachines.

thanks for the quick reply though!
would you like to PM me temporary access to forum admin panel to check it ..
(you can create a new user , put primary group as administrator & PM me the credentials)
(2016-05-31, 10:54 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]would you like to PM me temporary access to forum admin panel to check it ..
(you can create a new user , put primary group as administrator & PM me the credentials)

lol, I just figured it out. apparently it shows the smilies as gif image files and not png image files.

I'm now renaming them all from gif to png.

thanks and I should have got that but some how missed the file type.

(2016-05-31, 10:57 AM)modgirlsinc Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-05-31, 10:54 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]would you like to PM me temporary access to forum admin panel to check it ..

lol, I just figured it out. apparently it shows the smilies as gif image files and not png image files.

I'm now renaming them all from gif to png.

thanks and I should have got that but some how missed the file type.

ok, well after changing all the file names it still doesn't work.
hmm, not sure what to do next.