MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Recover deleted uid1 profile.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Early on I deleted my uid1 admin account thinking it had no effect since I had already established my profile on uid2 and made uid2 the super admin. But now not having a uid1 profile is giving me a lot of problems and conflicting with plugins. I know I can transfer admin functionality to another account through phpmyadmin, but is there any way to create a profile under uid1 without deleting all of my account database and starting over?
Give me 5 to check

My suggestion. Either A reinstall (can be a f'd up resolution ) or B, wait for a staff to reply with possible resolution
(2016-06-02, 06:38 AM)izakgewdrick Wrote: [ -> ]Give me 5 to check

My suggestion. Either A reinstall  (can be a f'd up resolution ) or B, wait for a staff to reply with possible resolution

Okay, I'm definitely trying to avoid a full reinstall. Another way could be to just make a new account and change the UID on that account to 1. But even that I'm finding can be complicated to change all of the tables.
I think you're making this more complicated than is needed. What issues are you having specifically? If there's a plugin which is checking if your uid == 1 or something, it's a 5 second job to fix it.
(2016-06-02, 06:47 AM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]I think you're making this more complicated than is needed. What issues are you having specifically? If there's a plugin which is checking if your uid == 1 or something, it's a 5 second job to fix it.

You're most likely right. Here's the plugin. I told the dev about the problem, but after trying it on a test forum my only assumption is that not having a UID1 is breaking the plugin. It shows the wrong follower uid for me, but the correct UID's on my test forum.
Go to host, i.e. godaddy>phpmyadmin>your database>mybbusers>change UID
See pic

http://imgur.com/3afgknh
(2016-06-02, 07:24 AM)izakgewdrick Wrote: [ -> ]Go to host, i.e. godaddy>phpmyadmin>your database>mybbusers>change UID
See pic

http://imgur.com/3afgknh

This worked, however it just messed up the increment of new users. Even once I changed AUTO_INCREMENT and filled in all of the blank user spaces from users I've deleted, it's still broken. Is there a clean way to reset the needed tables and start at 1 users again through MyBB or Phpmyadmin?
I wouldn't have done any of that, i would changed the uid and thats it. Try this, go to acp, make a user that you want as admin, then go merge users and merge the recently changed uid profile with the new admin user. Failing this, pm me and we will debug it. P.s. I was eating dinner so My bad for the late response

You CAN clear the tables, but not knowing how to inject the original php commands will screw you. You can always try to export the db and tweak it (taking you back to this point as a recall point if you fail) but in saying this, I will jump on the laptop and have a look

I am going to re-create your problem in a test domain with a freshly installed forum (I have multiple projects atm) Can you please tell me how you deleted the admin (whether in phpmyadmin or acp) and can you please screenshot your current table for mybbusers in phpmyadmin

So Me and Tac had discussed the problem. We attempted to troubleshoot. Tac uses XAMPP, Tac had stated he had changed the config file from uid 1 in super moderators to uid 2, upon checking this it appears to have the forum name in its place. I then instructed Tac to change this field back to uid1 to see if this resolved the issue. It did not, Instead the issue still occurred.
I then asked Tac to send me a screenshot of phpmyadmin to compare, after a comparison, I instructed him to delete the Admin user with uid 1 in mybbusers in phpmyadmin. I then showed him how to re-create the account in phpmyadmin. He successfully created the admin, but the issue still occurred.
It is my understanding that it is possibly the plugin used that is causing the issue, although no instructions to remove or disable the plugin was given.
Tac is using a simple Follower/following plugin and the issue seems to be based on the plugin (from my understanding).
Tac is trying to avoid a clean re-install of mybb (as would anyone) and so I refer this to the MyBB Staff members attention.
I also draw attention to the re-creation of admin and the issue still occurring, I believe this is because there is no actual problem within php but instead within the plugin.
My apologies to Tac for being unable to resolve this, hopefully this detailed report will assist the staff in resolving your issue.
Bump.

Edit: Nvrm