MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Searched - Need vBulletin 3.6 Converter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I'm new and need a converter for vBulletin 3.6. If there is one for 3.7 I can upgrade. I'm new so I dont know. I searched for it and found nothing. I'd like this to be done as quick as possible.

I have 200 members and over 1,000 posts. I cant just delete it and then install MyBB. I'll wait as long as needed. I'm just not going to use vBulletin any more. I'll close my forum down and email members till I get a converter.

If someone needs a test database i'm willing to offer mine. I am just sick of the slowness of vBulletin when I have a hosting package that cost over 200 bucks a month! It shouldn't be that slow!

Just plzzzzz help me. I am just in a big hurry to get such blotaded software off my server. Wouldn't you be? I know I am. I'll do whatever it takes. I just want to convert as quick as possible. I'll even pay the creator!
Unfortunately, I don't think any convertors are going to be written until MyBB Gold, the official release of the software. But once Gold comes out, a convertor for vB will definately be written.

As for the test database, could you send the details to [email protected]? Thanks.
I'm sorry. If your not going to be developing the converter why would you need it? Now that I think of it wouldn't giving a test database away make a sucurity risk?
Oh, sorry. I didn't understand what you meant by that. My bad. And, yes, it may.

It's unclear as of now who would actually be writing the convertors once Gold comes out.
Ya as dF said no converters are out yet. Your welcome to download RC 4 and maybe test it for yourself.

I made the switch with no converter. I just deleted the forum. I lost a bit of info and there were no members so.

But you do have 1,000+ members so I think you might need to wait. Well anyways it was a good choice to switch!
hehe its 1000 posts not members Toungue, but yes there aren't any vb converters as of now. Once gold is released, there will probably be convertors for all of the mainstream forum softwares out there.
Oops... Big Grin I'll edit that in a second. But this should be screen shoted and archived in google! A topic about switching from vBulletin... Toungue