MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Will MyBB 2 be easily included in other pages?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Will mybb2 be easily included in other site pages, as mybb1 now?

define("IN_MYBB", 1);
require_once('../inc/init.php');
require_once(MYBB_ROOT.'global.php');

and you can use all its functions.

Will it be possible for mybb2, given that there are several frameworks behind it?
It would depend on what exactly you're trying to do. If you just want to add custom pages, there's a chance that facility will be in the core anyway.

It will be slightly different, but almost everything you can do in 1.x will likely be possible in 2.0.
Sorry to hijack op's thread :
Will the current plugins (1.8.7) work for MyBB 2.0 !!! Big Grin
(2016-06-03, 04:27 AM)Donald_Duck Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry to hijack op's thread :
Will the current plugins (1.8.7) work for MyBB 2.0 !!! Big Grin

Not a single one. MyBB 2.0 is a complete rewrite.
(2016-06-02, 09:50 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]It would depend on what exactly you're trying to do. If you just want to add custom pages, there's a chance that facility will be in the core anyway.
I am using it for moderation functions, such as move_threads(), delete_post() so I can easily manage it with my own interface
(2016-06-03, 08:44 AM)Qiao Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-06-02, 09:50 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]It would depend on what exactly you're trying to do. If you just want to add custom pages, there's a chance that facility will be in the core anyway.
I am using it for moderation functions, such as move_threads(), delete_post() so I can easily manage it with my own interface

Well, the code will definitely be different, but that sort of thing should be possible easily enough. The new interface may also mean you won't need a custom page to perform such a thing Smile
(2016-06-03, 02:36 PM)Euan T Wrote: [ -> ]The new interface may also mean you won't need a custom page to perform such a thing Smile
Not that it is bad now, but I like write url scripts for managing my forum. Btw, It is better when as much inputs as possible (such as moving thread) are managed through get, not post headers. Mybb have a lot of post where get can be used.

Quote:the code will definitely be different
I know, all scripts and hacks I made should be rewritten Smile, but I sure it will worth it