MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Difference between a MyBB and WordPress website?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey friends,

It's good to be back after four years of inactivity. I am planning to start a new Website which will be a mix of videos, topics and study material.

I need a suggestion on which software should I use to make such website ? MyBB or WordPress ?

Like what is the main difference between these two?

Looking forward,
Faisal.
basically forum is meant for discussions. I feel wordpress blog suits for your above requirement.
[quote pid='1224600' dateline='1464968448']
basically forum is meant for discussions. I feel wordpress blog suits for your above requirement.

[/quote]

You are right I agree. Infact I was once a Web developer myself and translated mybb back in 2008 into urdu language... 
But I have switched the profession now therefore need some advice.

The thing which I would like to ask is that as you know if I wish to provide some of my study material for a fee or charge I could post all that paid material to a forum or category which will only be visible to those members who have paid that fee so I kind of promoted them to a rank of premium member and they can view the premium content whereas guests or simply registered users have access to only free content. This I can do with a discussion board I can not do this with WordPress. 

Am I right or is there a way to do this in WordPress also ?

Looking forward.
^ yes, groups permissions can be easily set & maintained through a MyBB forum.
that is a complex task on a wordpress blog system (may be plugins are available)
(2016-06-03, 04:06 PM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]^ yes, groups permissions can be easily set & maintained through a MyBB forum.
that is a complex task on a wordpress blog system (may be plugins are available)

See that was my point. I think its better to use a forum software to do this work.... can you please tell me where i can find free themes for MyBB ? Is there any particular section ?
^ MyBB 1.8.x compatible free themes available here => Extend Section - Themes
wordpress, a content management system where you can also include a forum with the support of bbpress, mybb is a forum. wordpress is okay if you are fine with the bbpress which is simple, but if you want more features for the forum part then go with mybb.
One is designed as community forum website and one is designed as a singular person blogging website.