MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Got a bit of a problem updating...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been trying to update my copy of MyBB 1.2.6 to the new 1.2.7 release, but it seems it's not getting along with the site's server, I keep getting "500 internal server error" when I try to update. I uploaded all the 1.2.7 files to start with, I've tried re-uploading them, and yes I did follow the instructions on the wiki, but I can't seem to get the updater to go on past the first page in Firefox or IE7, in both it'll just sit there loading for a few minuets before popping up with the error, and I know it's not my connection just timing out, I'm on 3MBps, but I was wondering if you guys had any idea what's going on here 'cause it's keeping me from updating the board.

If it's any help the board address is http://board.spriterssanctum.com/, and it's hosted on Yahoo's business hosting, thanks ahead of time.
Haven't a clue. The upgrade script works fine for everyone else so my suspicions lay with your host
Hi,

If you have access to your server error logs, please take a look at the botom of them for nay related error messages.

Also - please try uploading the contents of install/resources again as one or more files used by the upgrade system may be corrupt.
Chris Boulton Wrote:Hi,

If you have access to your server error logs, please take a look at the botom of them for nay related error messages.

Also - please try uploading the contents of install/resources again as one or more files used by the upgrade system may be corrupt.
Unfortunately I don't have access to the server error logs, and I did try re-uploading the files a couple of times actually, I e-mailed yahoo about it and am waiting on them to get back to me with something, thanks for the help though.
Sorry for having to double post, but I got a reply from yahoo, they said basically they can't help and I'd have to ask you guys, even though I mentioned that I'd already asked here, is there any way to do a manual upgrade? Not just the patch but like a full upgrade? 'cause I even asked the owner Rachel if she could try running the upgrade script and she's getting the same error (which I know is yahoo's fault but they won't do anything). Again, thanks for your time guys.
Well 500 internal server errors aren't generated by MyBB in any way shape or form. Maybe try pushing yahoo a little harder.

I don't know what else to say or do. Sorry about that Sad
Yah, the 500 error's one that Firefox is programmed to give, sorta like IE's cannot be displayed error, but all I got from yahoo was this (I cut a bit of useless blah blah sorry we can't do anything stuff but yah)

Quote:I understand that you are receiving error while updating the MyBB
version.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the time you have spent dealing
with this issue.

At this time Yahoo! Web Hosting is unable to provide support for third
party scripts and software. We recommend that you instead visit the
web site associated with the software or script that is giving you trouble;
you may find your answer in that web site's FAQ or help forum.
Alternately you might searching for keywords related to your issue on
Yahoo! Search, at http://search.yahoo.com.

So more or less they won't help in any way, but are you sure there's no way to do a manual upgrade? 'cause if there's no way to do that we've been thinking about getting another host anyway so maybe this will be more reason to switch over to someone else...
This may sound like a weired and out of the blue question but you do not have the google toolbar installed on your browser by any chance do you?

If you do take it off and try the upgrade again
Keith W Wrote:This may sound like a weired and out of the blue question but you do not have the google toolbar installed on your browser by any chance do you?

If you do take it off and try the upgrade again
Nope, I tend to keep away from any random tool bars, I use Firefox for my primary browser and it has all I need already.