MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: User permission
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello guys, i've recently merge my Vbulletin 3 with MyBB and in the old forums i was able to give permission to a particular user for a separate  forums like i created a New Forums and i want only me and my friend to have access to that forums (not group) just users so how can i give a user access to a particular forums and not group?.

Help please.
Make the subforum password protected. That's one way of doing it.
No i dont even want other users to know that there is a secret forums for some specific users. and i have did that on the vbulletin but i dont knw if its possible in MyBB and its important for me Smile.

Help please.
Thanks a lot brother it helped me but i still have 1 problem. i have given a user permission for a sub forums (not catgry) and it doesnt show that forums and when i give access to catgry all of its forums shows so is it just for catgry or forums? (by sub forums i mean forums only)
Help please?
(2016-06-04, 06:37 PM)miniml Wrote: [ -> ]Make the subforum password protected. That's one way of doing it.

Yes byut the downside of that is the pass could be leaked as a singualt user having access means no. Pass and the user could access

And $kull tr y creating a new group for certain users
Like a group called "Name here" and on the forum allow them access

(2016-06-05, 03:35 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]you can try using custom user permissions plugin

Also go off .m. post ud you want a plugin I preferr thus creating a single group for each member
(2016-06-06, 10:22 PM)mrmod Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-06-04, 06:37 PM)miniml Wrote: [ -> ]Make the subforum password protected. That's one way of doing it.

Yes byut the downside of that is the pass could be leaked as a singualt user having access means no. Pass and the user could access

And $kull tr y creating a new group for certain users
Like a group called "Name here" and on the forum allow them access

(2016-06-05, 03:35 AM).m. Wrote: [ -> ]you can try using custom user permissions plugin

Also go off .m. post ud you want a plugin I preferr thus creating a single group for each member

Thanks bro! but i really dont want to create more groups instead giving a single user permission is way good.

and I've referered to the above plugin mentioned by .m. but in that i can give access to a user for a perticular catagry not forums. like when i give a user permission of a full catgry containing other 10 forums. then they can see all 10 forums but i want them to have access to the only 1 - 3 forums in that catagry. Big Grin.

But your idea was great too! i'll use it as long as i dont have any problem with it Big Grin.

Marked as solved

Regards,
Furqan.

PS i used both the plugin and group Smile.

EDIT : I gave 2 users same access to a same forums and they can see only that forums and post but they can see only their threads not others threads. i've changed view permission of that group from forums management but still i cannot see others post on that forums.
Help?