MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Pass along profile information field elsewhere?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am trying to pass along a stat on user profiles to a certain MyBB page. So, for example, say I wanted to pass along how many posts a certain person has (a profile statistic) to a custom MyBB webpage. This way, whenever a user visits that custom MyBB webpage, they can see how many posts that particular user has.

My implementation is smiliar. I created a custom profile field (a certain kind of counter, with a 3 digit number as the field) and I would like to use that number on 3 or 4 user profiles and compile it all to one page.

So, user 'x' has a custom profile field value of 1.
User 'y' has a custom profile field value of 2.

When you go to the custom page, I want it to say:

User 'x': 1
User 'y': 2

And, since this is a custom MyBB page, I can utilize template styles, so I assume it's possible to do this, somehow.

Any thoughts?
It not that hard actually - $user['custom_field']. You need some basic programming skill, or someone writing plugin. If you are trying making it yourself, it is better to ask more specific questions if you stuck somewhere.
No one has it as far as I know. Where I get stuck at is, on the custom page I have, I want it so say 3 or 4 SPECIFIC user's custom profile field value shows up. Would the code you posted allow me to do so?