MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Avatar size question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I allow 8 zeta bytes which my host only allows 500 GB is that a weak point for hackers if the avatar upload size is 8 zetabytes Please let me know
Like could hackers upload a file that acts as a avatar running malicuous code because there isn't a ahcker app 8 KB but there are that are 1 gb and can be ran as a .png but is a .bit file shall I lower avatar size and if I should what size
Quote:So I allow 8 zeta bytes

What? Why? That makes no sense.

Quote:is that a weak point for hackers if the avatar upload size is 8 zetabytes

There's no possibility for someone to successfully upload an 8 ZB avatar to your forum, but it's a ridiculous limit to have set. I don't see any logical reason for anyone to upload an avatar which is larger than a couple MB, max. Use a sane limit.
You don't allow 8 zeta bytes. 100x100 should work fine.
(2016-06-06, 06:57 PM)mrmod Wrote: [ -> ]So I allow 8 zeta bytes

Please don't do that.
[Image: fjj6eg.png]
*facepalm*

Do you actually own any files that are 8ZB in size?
Yes not on a server though this file contains programs from all my 56 PCs I have downloaded on tobone compressed zipped folder and the file is so big that 99% percent of the time I upload to my server it crashes
You need more speed, I tried uploading a 1YB file to my server, and 70% of the time it works every time.
So, mrmod, are you really claiming to have around 500,000,000 of those next-gen 16TB hard drives to store it on one computer? Is your computer a whole datacenter?

Let's pretend each of those cost $80. That's low, but let's just pretend that's the case. Maybe you have some connections to the manufacturers that cut you an insane deal. That would cost $40,000,000,000. Yes, that's 40 BILLION dollars. But, then again, you'd exhaust roughly an equivalent number of hard drives to the worldwide supply of hard drives in 2015. Even if you did this over 10 years (heck, even 20 years), it's hard to imagine that you're the top hard drive purchaser on the planet, and that all of those drives are connected to one computer.

From another angle, the estimated size of the Internet, according to Google's estimate in 2014, was 5 EB.

It will be very hard to convince me that you've downloaded the entire internet 1600 times onto one computer.

Your claim seems improbable at best.