MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Custom registration
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Forgive my ignorance but is there a way to keep registrations active but have them be an email address generated link rather than a fully manual registration? Been combing around looking for something like this and haven't found any leads, yet.

Thanks!
Do you mean like an invitation system?

How is it supposed to work, do you send out the invites? Your current forum members? Or do they request an invite on your site?
(2016-06-08, 03:24 PM)Alex - A2Hosting Wrote: [ -> ]Do you mean like an invitation system?

How is it supposed to work, do you send out the invites? Your current forum members? Or do they request an invite on your site?

Private forums. Invitations need to spurned as a byproduct of a completely manual process. What would seem to be optimal to me is if a user could receive a link with a unique identifier via email, which would allow them to register from there. Email addresses come in via a manual process, so basically the most important part of the registration process is captured prior to account creation.

The pickle is that I can create users and send their account details to them, but that's just another manual process. Being able to send them a link from the forums where they finish the registration would work better. Or even a mod that allowed registrations per usual, except it would only validate registration attempts for email addresses that already exist in the database (in another table, presumably); I realize this is essentially the opposite of the validation process out-of-box, but...

Thanks for replying!